Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine compartment pictures?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
Anyone? I'd like to see what they look like in different configurations.

I got some Dual Dellortos on the way, and am contemplating the air filters. It needs them, and I want to see how well some really tall ones will fit.

Bills914-4
I've got 6" tall filters on 45 dells and it just fits ( No Rain Tray/sunny FL. weekend

car) . 3 1/2"- 4" filter height is max. with Rain Tray (recomended) otherwise

like washing car I find it nessasary to put plastic bags over the filters ,besides

driving it in the rain (no rain tray) can lead to wet Ignition system.

Bill
sww914
Dirty. No engine lid at all. I had the wrong filters on it for a time, too short, the tops were too close to the velocity stacks and the engine couldn't get enough air, so be careful of that. It took me forever to find the problem, it ran perfect idling and at part throttle but it ran out of poop at full throttle.
lotus_65
This doesn't show my linkage or breather setup (breather's on the back wall. btw, I'd never have that stinky-a$$ thing in my trunk. That's for my gear!)

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
works with the raintray in place. i have another engine lid without the tray i switch to in warm dry weather.
JPB
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Mar 27 2008, 08:58 PM) *

This doesn't show my linkage or breather setup (breather's on the back wall. btw, I'd never have that stinky-a$$ thing in my trunk. That's for my gear!)

Click to view attachment

Sweet covers homeskillet!!! beer.gif
akellym
I had to loose my rain shield, but this works well.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
lotus_65
QUOTE(JPB @ Mar 28 2008, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Mar 27 2008, 08:58 PM) *

Sweet covers homeskillet!!! beer.gif

thanks, they're only for show, though. they get trashed pretty easy.
i was thinking about making them, but i didn't get much initial interest.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=56602&hl=
RJMII
drooley.gif Nice air cleaner tops!!

New issue here... I'm looking at all of the pictures (thank you for posting them!) and each of you are compensating for blow-by in different ways...

how do your systems work? (I notice a comment about smell in rear trunk) Pros and cons of each that you've all noticed?
pete914
Depends are you running a 2.0 or a 1.8?
If you don't have vents in your heads you will need to go to a breather box and then from that box back into your air cleaners. I'm running that setup now and it seems to be working for me...
spunone
Waiting for new plug wires
RJMII
1.7 w/the 1911 conversion done to it.

All of these pictures are helping a bunch!

The Dellortos got here today... so I'm studying out what I need to get them onto the engine now.
Kargeek
Here's mine...

No problem with the rain tray, 911 plug wires, rear facing cross linkage and custom cable bracket, a 1.7 Heater fan bracket was cut down to mount the breather box. The dual oil pressure sender has a reinforcement bracket on the standoff pipe below the engine tin with a 45 degree fitting for the sender. Don't ask where I got the air filters- they were sourced over 20 years ago.

DH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.