Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to the 914 "Clan" and will be needy.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Soon I will have one of the things I have allways wanted. A Porsche 914. I was born in 1969 and like a young bird in a nest, I "imprinted" on what was cool looking. Thank God I was born with good taste.

My friends at work keep needling me about why I would want a 914. It's not easy to respond to someone that see's a Porsche as just a "Rich man's VW". And even less to people that call the 914 a "Poor mans Porsche". They see that I already have some other P-cars and are confused as to why I would want a 914. To call a 914 a poor mans Porsche is like calling a F-16 a poor mans F-15. This car may be one of Porsche's most affordable models, but it's a very unique looking car and I love every thing about it. What more could you want? Light, mid-engine, nimble, Targa top...

Anyway, once I get the car, I'm sure I will have many questions, and I ask you to bear with me as I join your world.

Thanks,
Roy
Thousand Oaks, CA
horizontally-opposed
welcome.png

Welcome! You've come to the right spot, filled with more knowledge on the 914 than anywhere else. And a better attitude, too!

As for your pull to the 914, believe me I get it, and share it. I've been blessed own a few Porsches and to drive a few more and I keep coming back to the 914.
RJMII
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Mar 27 2008, 10:19 PM) *

welcome.png
And a better attitude, too!

LOL that's kinda funny.

I agree! Lots of information on this site. There are a few VERY helpful and knowledgeable people here.

lots of sense of humor here, too. av-943.gif I hear that Andy tells good jokes. And Mrs K will tell you happy birthday and stuff.
So.Cal.914

It's not easy to respond to someone that see's a Porsche as just a "Rich man's VW". And even less to people that call the 914 a "Poor mans Porsche". They see that I already have some other P-cars and are confused as to why I would want a 914. To call a 914 a poor mans Porsche is like calling a F-16 a poor mans F-15. This car may be one of Porsche's most affordable models, but it's a very unique looking car and I love every thing about it. What more could you want? Light, mid-engine, nimble, Targa top...

welcome.png Preaching to the choir. biggrin.gif

Lots of sharp guys here, good chance you will get the answer you need...And then

some.
markb
welcome.png

I hope you understand that this is an addiction. Once you start, you'll never be able to stop. blink.gif
roadster fan
welcome.png

By the way are you my long lost twin brother?

you have a red 993, a silver Cayman, and are getting a 914? You must be him, I have finally found you smile.gif .

Seriously though, if you are 41 and were born in January I am claiming you as my lost twin since we have the same taste in cars. I started with a 914 and have yet to acquire the others so I will drive yours, oh brother of mine, until I can complete my collection w00t.gif

Welcome to the madness,

Jim
euro911
WTF are you guys talking about? unsure.gif It's just another sickness ... like a needle in your arm

Once you have one, you want another ... and another ... laugh.gif

Welcome Roy beerchug.gif

And you only get birthday wishes from Lisa if you vote for her in the 'Favorite Mom' contest mad.gif
dbgriffith75
Welcome to 914World.com- have a fruit roll up! piratenanner.gif

Haha- but seriously, agree.gif with everything these guys are telling you. I've only been a member here for a few months, having bought my own 914 in need of restoration last year, and since that time I've had to rely on these guys for a lot of info. This place is overflowing with knowledge I wouldn't have otherwise been able to find had it not been for the true 914 fanatics that regularly check these boards. It's also a great place to find those oddball parts you can't get anywhere else.

Take full advantage; because even in those situations where you just feel like headbang.gif these guys can bail you out.

sheeplove.gif

... I just wanted to use that... ... and do this....

ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

hehehe...
JoeSharp
Hey Roy, welcome to the MADDNESS.....
There is a Bar-B-Q at my house tonight, come on down and meet some of the NUTS.
Carlitos Way
Don't forget... there's a few of us nearby. Bob Mitchell is in Moorpark. I'm in Simi. There's a few people in the SFV.

Why don't you bring your car over when you get it... and we can go through it together.

As to the "why"....

Here are a few reasons why I like the 914:

It's affordable
It's fun
It feels faster than it is (which means I don't get in as much trouble with little red lights in the rear view mirror)
It's something *I* can work on
It's got lots of hidden potential even as the red-headed step child
It's not a gas guzzler
There's a great support group
You don't have to break the bank to own one... but if you have an open wallet, the possibilities are endless.
It gets good mileage.
It's not about going fast. It's about having fun!

Welcome aboard, and please share pix as soon as you get your car!
rick 918-S
welcome.png Real Race Cars are mid-engine! aktion035.gif driving.gif
ericread
Dammit! I'm always late to these parties!!! welcome.png

Well, welcome anyway.

biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 27 2008, 10:22 PM) *

I hear that Andy tells good jokes.

slap.gif
type47
welcome.png

oh yea... and you can't turbo a 914 biggrin.gif
Thanks guys. As soon as I get her, I'm giving her a good bath and going on a photo shoot. I will post pics soon.

Roy.
Gint
welcome.png
EdwardBlume
Welcome! Having a 914 is truly enjoyable. welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.