Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pretty '75 2.0 up in Michigan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
73Phoenix20
The pale yellow '75 2.0 w/ tan interior f/s on Evilbay up in Grand Rapids looks pretty decent. Just wondered if anyone here is planning on getting in on the bidding war for this one?

I suspect that in a few years, $14K won't sound like a whole lot for a nice 914; however, the dealer did admit that they had had the sides resprayed to take out some door dings and scratches. I suspected more than that when I saw they had sprayed around the vin sticker...

Still, could be a decent 2.0, and would be fun to backdate it to a 74!

Set of Fuchs, a set of SSI heat exchangers and muffler, set of '73/'74 bumpers, and what a sharp car that would be!
Ferg
I know the owner of the business Joe Licari personally. smile.gif I grew up and went to church with him and his family, his son Phil was a few years younger than me in High School.

If I can help anyone let me know. Looks like a real nice car, I may give him a call.

Ferg
Ferg
Just got off the phone with Joe.

Sounds like a real nice car. He just rebuilt the brakes, and other Misc stuff. He will put tires on it for the new owner, it had been sitting for a bit. Engine letters that are missing in pics have been replaced, he has original steelies ect. Mileage was signed off as original by PO ect.

Ferg beerchug.gif
73Phoenix20
It's a small, small world after all!

Yes, Phil was the one that noted they had repainted the sides of the car.

Be interesting to see if it gets to $14K....
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

I was in Grand Rapids today on business & looked at the 914. It was in their showroom. As I started looking at it someone came out to tell me they just sold it to someone in CA at their buy it price.

This 914 was worth the money and maybe a little more. From all appearances it was probably the correct milage. Everything was working including the A.C. They also said they had the original FUCHS wheels for the car & some painting was done to the front end & fenders. Probably some of the paint was original.

Someone got a good one. I didn't get a name, but if it's one of our CA guys speak up.

Tom
Gint
A link would be nice...
orthobiz
I'll betcha this is a car that Gaglione turned me on to last year. Older fellow, lives in FLA in winter. I called him by tracing his name on the web because there was no answer in Grand Rapids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/31-113-ACTU...tem110236690706

If it's the same car (same year, same color, same air conditioning), it was stored in an outside barn for three years. He had other cars for sale as well, not Porsches. He assumed the fuel pump was bad and had it at the side of the road when someone came by and tried to get it started. Got as far as a new fuel pump but never installed it. He said there was some rust around the turn signals. (That would explain the paint!)

Anyway, he rambled on and on even more than I am now and I wound up buying my own beauty so I never hooked up with him. He also had a VW Thing, as I remember it.

BUT HOORAY FOR MICHIGAN!!! OUR CARS ARE GOING TO CALIFORNIA!!!!! Probably the ONLY 914 in America to travel in a westerly direction...

Hey Lyle, contact me directly next time a 914 comes up this close to me!

Paul
TJB/914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 28 2008, 06:50 PM) *

I'll betcha this is a car that Gaglione turned me on to last year. Older fellow, lives in FLA in winter. I called him by tracing his name on the web because there was no answer in Grand Rapids.

If it's the same car (same year, same color, same air conditioning), it was stored in an outside barn for three years. He had other cars for sale as well, not Porsches. He assumed the fuel pump was bad and had it at the side of the road when someone came by and tried to get it started. Got as far as a new fuel pump but never installed it. He said there was some rust around the turn signals. (That would explain the paint!)

Anyway, he rambled on and on even more than I am now and I wound up buying my own beauty so I never hooked up with him. He also had a VW Thing, as I remember it.

BUT HOORAY FOR MICHIGAN!!! OUR CARS ARE GOING TO CALIFORNIA!!!!! Probably the ONLY 914 in America to travel in a westerly direction...

Paul

Paul,

Must be the same guy from the barn story I heard today. He also had a Delorian with a few thousand miles that was in the showroom from the same guy. The 914 was really nice.

Tom
73Phoenix20

Paul

Will do! Maybe you can start a collection of all years!
Ferg
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Mar 28 2008, 07:21 PM) *

Paul

Paul,

Must be the same guy from the barn story I heard today. He also had a Delorian with a few thousand miles that was in the showroom from the same guy. The 914 was really nice.

Tom

Yep, Same guy, same car, I know he had a "thing".

I'm gonna have to hook up with you MI crazy's this year. I will be back in Grand Rapids over 4th of July.

Ferg beerchug.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 31 2008, 06:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Mar 28 2008, 07:21 PM) *

Paul

Paul,

Tom

Yep, Same guy, same car, I know he had a "thing".

I'm gonna have to hook up with you MI crazy's this year. I will be back in Grand Rapids over 4th of July.

Ferg beerchug.gif

Hey MI fans,

Ferg, come on down to:
Fourth of July I'll be watching the Petoskey & Harbor Springs parade!!! If all goes well I should have my motor re-do finished to get my car in the parade (maybe)???? My motor is scheduled to be finished in June, so Iam really on a tight schedule. unsure.gif

Tom
BTW: Nothing like the local parade!!! drunk.gif
73Phoenix20
Ahhh, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Mom! All the great things about small town USA! Maybe they will let me enter my GTX, if I get it running again! Love Harbor Springs! Tom's Moms Cookies.... Mmmmmm!

Ferg, by all means, we need to have a get together somewhere up in the North Country... Gayle and I may try for a weekend up at The Highlands of Leland, a great B&B on Leelanau.

Right now I would just be happy if it would stop raining!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.