Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Trunk Catch question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stephenaki
So here is my question, yes I did a search but didn't find anything, the catch portion of the rear trunk latch assembly. Is it supposed to be loose and floppy? Is there a spring in there somewhere? Anyone got a blow up diagram of how that thing is put together and all its components? If you're traveling at the speed of light and you turn on your headlights do you see them?

My latch doesn't have any tension on it, it just kinda flops around. I am just trying to figure out if there is a problem here that I need to remedy. Would appreciate some experienced insight on the latches construction and repair if necessary.
jsayre914
Try page 200 in your autoatlanta catalogue. there is a picture of all parts of the assembly. there is a pdf of the cataloge on this website under member vendors.
stephenaki
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 28 2008, 01:19 PM) *

Try page 200 in your autoatlanta catalogue. there is a picture of all parts of the assembly. there is a pdf of the cataloge on this website under member vendors.

OK, just pulled up the PDF file, I only see a picture of the complete assembly not the inner workings or blow-up diagram of the latch.
watsonrx13
I'm not home this weekend, otherwise I'd post a pic. But, the latch has a white plastic spacer that holds a spring. This spring gives the catch the tension to hold the hood from bouncing around.... Hopefully someone has a pic they can post...

-- Rob
stephenaki
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Mar 29 2008, 06:31 AM) *

I'm not home this weekend, otherwise I'd post a pic. But, the latch has a white plastic spacer that holds a spring. This spring gives the catch the tension to hold the hood from bouncing around.... Hopefully someone has a pic they can post...

-- Rob

Hmm, I don't recall seeing a spring or white plastic spacer. Will take a look.
Bartlett 914
Do you mean this thingy?
stephenaki
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Mar 31 2008, 07:04 AM) *

Do you mean this thingy?

No, the other "thingy" that catches that "thingy." biggrin.gif Its the lower latch catch that seems to be floppy and wobbly.
Bartlett 914
If I get a chance I will take a picture of one I have.

Edit: My previous post showing the upper latch had a nut missing. I took this of a trunk deck laying around. When I reassembled it I noticed it was loose. There is a special nut that needs to go between the spring and the plate. This nut has a diameter that holds the spring centered to the assembly.
Bartlett 914
Not much to show. 2 Bolts hold it in and must be tight.

I could not find another top latch showing the special nut that was missing. I don't want to take the one off mu car for picture taking.
jsayre914
I looked at mine and there are two washers on each screw. i guess that should do the trick for you too. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.