StratPlayer
Have any extra cash???

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...item=2218233365
ChrisReale
I recall seeing that one before
Aaron Cox
yes, its been up on ebay before....
ArtechnikA
estimated $35,000 PLUS a 20 per cent "buyer's premium" !?

i guess it only takes one ...
Qarl
Car was originally for sale in Sarasota, FL in the AutoTrader (forever) and then on E-bay.

I think some of us questioned the guy about his "ad" on E-bay, if I recall. He said it was the closest thing to a real 916 and blah blah.. he got a barage of e-mails. Then he came and joined here on the group and got feedback from us and changed the ad to reflect what it really was. He got a lot of respect for doing what he did.

Then, if I recall, pictures of this car showed up at either the Porsche Parade or at one of the HSR stops... I recall seeing pictures of this car behind chain link fencing... Maybe at an auction... memory is fuzzy...

Anybody care to search and find the old threads?
seanery
It was at auction at the Monterey Historics.
rick 918-S
Did anyone click on the sellers other auctions? He has 4 pages of stuff including many exotic cars. For you musicians, I saw a signed Kurt Cobain guitar for sale on page 4.
GWN7
WTF?

"The Buyer's premium is a service fee normally charged in live auctions. Winning buyers must pay an additional amount to the seller based on their bids. "

Never seen that before?
Ferg
Yep that was me at the historic's that shot those pic's. More here:

http://www.theidiotsvillage.com/misc/Fergi...ict_index5.html

Nice car, paint was really nice. Didn't appear to have many miles on it since the conversion.
Ferg.
Qarl
Yep... chain link fence. It's amazing how something so insignificant stands out in my memory!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.