Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Suspension Bent WORTH Saving?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
budman5201
I just picked up a 914 for a nice 2.0 liter engine and sideshift transmission. Its a 1973, but the passenger side Front suspension was hit so bad that the front A-ARM mounting point is litterally 2-3 inches higher than the drivers side. Is it worth saving? The LONGS are solid no rust in battery tray area. It also has hit in the past in the back....Should i just pick up a nice shell and transfer it all over???

Thanks in advance
Chris
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(budman5201 @ Mar 28 2008, 03:51 PM) *

I just picked up a 914 for a nice 2.0 liter engine and sideshift transmission. Its a 1973, but the passenger side Front suspension was hit so bad that the front A-ARM mounting point is litterally 2-3 inches higher than the drivers side. Is it worth saving? The LONGS are solid no rust in battery tray area. It also has hit in the past in the back....Should i just pick up a nice shell and transfer it all over???

Thanks in advance
Chris

YES!!!!!!!! Join the "SAVE THE 914" campaign
TravisNeff
You'll need someone to repair it on a frame jig, there supposedly is someone in AZ with a celette bench and can rent the 914 fittings for it. I am gonna have a wild guess that it will be 1-2k to fix the tweaked body.
Andyrew
I would survey the costs of picking up another shell that has no rust.. It might be 2k before you can find one. It all depends on how nice your tub actually is and your goals... If your front suspension is tweaked that much then the rest is probably off and you might not ever get it right...

But Travis is right, unless you can do that work yourself (dont recommend it) I think it would be around that price.

George is only saying this because he would be the one you would generally get the replacement parts from. (Not to shoot you down George, just being realistic)
SirAndy
i second the celette bench ... thumb3d.gif

do a search here for "celette" and there should be a few threads (including the ones about both of my cars) that show how it's done ...

if the car is otherwise OK, i'd say spent the money and save it!
beerchug.gif Andy
rick 918-S
First I can't believe no one did this yet... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Show us the Hell hole, right jack point, damage, ect.

But I would likely agree with the Cellette.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.