Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Itialian F1 Gran Prix September
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
effutuo101
Ok, So here is the situation. My wife and I booked a trip for Spain and Portugal in September. A week after the Itialian F1 race. This morning she had the bright idea of me going early, going to the race and then bumming around for a week until she gets there. I have an Uncle that lives in Spain, so the bumming around part is covered. Any suggestions on where to stay? I thought about booking through F1 for the hotel and tickets. I am not opposed to staying in Milan or somewhere else, as long as I can get a train/bus/taxi to the race. I have also considered renting a motorcycle. Also, if you where going, where would you sit at the race course? Any recommendations? Any Porsche events going on? I might hop a train and run up to Germany for a couple of days, or ???. It has been about 20 years since I was last in Europe and any helpful hints would be great.
Thanks!
effutuo101
I forgot to add this. Who else wants to go? Open invite.
PeeGreen 914
ME biggrin.gif

You lucky punk. I would love to go with you. The actual possibility is slim though.
Rick_Eberle
Oh, Man! If you're in Milan, go to the Alfa Romeo Museum. Click on CentroStile, then Past and Future and take the virtual tour...

Even if Alfas aren't your thing, it's six floors of cars going back to 1906 or something, and is one of the best car museums in the world!

And you're only a couple hours from Modena, and the Galleria Ferrari.

And if you have a few days to kill... there's always Gmund, and Stuttgart.
effutuo101
Cool Thanks! I will check out the Alpha, those are great cars ( just post WWII are my wifes favorites) I was in Stuttgart in 86 and visited Meca. I might go again as I didn't know about Gmund. I did see the Dr. 914/8. Keep the idea's coming
Todd Enlund
I looked into going to a race... I knew that airfare and lodging would be costly, but I didn't realize how expensive the tickets to the races were!

Click to view attachment
effutuo101
Yep about 400 US for the weekend. I am going to try the "hey, we sponsor a car" line with some executives to see if I can get a pit pass...Don't know if it will work, but it is worth a try.
Gint
Damn that sounds like a blast Chris!
effutuo101
Hi Gint! Yes. I have been following the sport for a long time. But, the stars never aligned. The year before last, a buddy of mine offered me tickets two days before the US race. To late to go, and what a miserable race that was. Best to your family.
Gint
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 29 2008, 11:02 PM) *

Hi Gint! Yes. I have been following the sport for a long time. But, the stars never aligned. The year before last, a buddy of mine offered me tickets two days before the US race. To late to go, and what a miserable race that was. Best to your family.
And to yours. I want to catch one someday. I've been giving some thought to the US race myself for the last few years.
effutuo101
Nothing on the US schedule this year. Maybe Canada.
messix
JERK!

maybe if i win a lotto i could go with you... that would mean i need to buy lotto tickets blink.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 30 2008, 12:18 AM) *

I might go again as I didn't know about Gmund.

but you know that Gmund is in Corinthia, Austria idea.gif

IPB Image

it's a very cool museum, although very small ... LINK

bye1.gif Gustl
effutuo101
Thank you for the link. The focus of my last trip was the auto and motorcycle mfg. I like castles and all, but when you are 18 it is all about the cars and bikes.
Gint
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 29 2008, 11:54 PM) *

Who pissed Bernie off this time?
PBritain
rent a car spend $20 and lap the nurburgring driving.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 30 2008, 12:01 PM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 29 2008, 11:54 PM) *

Who pissed Bernie off this time?

Tony George.
jonferns
Chris, where in Portugal will you be visiting? I'm there until early sept bye1.gif
effutuo101
QUOTE(PBritain @ Mar 30 2008, 02:18 PM) *

rent a car spend $20 and lap the nurburgring driving.gif

Oh, now that is just tasty. Maybe get a taxi ride from that nice lady..
As far as Portugal, honestly, I don't know. I will look it up and post it. That part of the trip is all about spending time with the little wiffy. biggrin.gif
dinomium
if you have even a REMOTE chance to go see an F1 at Monza, you need to go! If only so next time you watch Grand Prix you can spend the last half hour say "I was there, RIGHT THERE"
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.