Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge Wiring help needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
Any chance someone has a photo of the backside of the gauge cluster?
The scematic is cunfusing the crap out of this simpleton...
Thanks
type47
i would think a pix would look like spagetti (the back of mine reminded me of that). also, there is not much "stretch" distance to show the back, the wires are a bit ..... tight? too short? snug? .... so i don't think it's easy to get a pix with good view. what do you need to know? i've had luck understanding the 73- current flow diagrams from the haynes and factory color diagrams.
degreeoff
Haynes is your friend. It took me MANY hours to understand it but it is ALL you need. Just my ever so humble opinion.
TINCAN914
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 29 2008, 01:31 PM) *

i would think a pix would look like spagetti (the back of mine reminded me of that). also, there is not much "stretch" distance to show the back, the wires are a bit ..... tight? too short? snug? .... so i don't think it's easy to get a pix with good view. what do you need to know? i've had luck understanding the 73- current flow diagrams from the haynes and factory color diagrams.

Jim,

I have been working with the fuel gauge, have a spare, wired them both up according to what I have been told and I have seen in the haynes manual. No read at all. I am mainly trying to figure out where the power source comes from to the gauge. It dosen't appear to be a direct fee, so it looks like it jumps from another power source. ????
Eric_Shea
Here ya go bud... hope this helps.

Have Gint come over and hold the gauge as you plug it in. wink.gif

Click to view attachment
TINCAN914
Thanks Big "E"-zy I finally got the SOB Figured out. I don't know what the hell the PO did with the electrical, but I finally have all four turn signals and a fuel gauge!!! piratenanner.gif Okay Goig to celebrate with a cold Fat Tire...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.