Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dial indicator with clamping base
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
So I have read Raby's how-to to set my push rods.

I borrowed a dial indicator from Dr. Evil. However, it only has .25 inches of travel, and I need a full inch.

I have found several inexpensive dial gauges, but they all come with magnetic bases. I need a dial guage that comes with a clamped base.

I want to spend less then $50. Where do I find what I am looking for?

Zach
charliew
Zach hi, when I built a head flow bench fixture for my son's sti heads we found some 1 inch travel dial indicators at harbor freight cheap. We needed two to set the valve lift to measure port flow at each .050 of lift. With a little imagination you can make your own mount. Seems like they also have some mounts. You can use the little swivel stuff and make your own base. Try this
93051-2VGA www.harborfreight.com

Charliew
sww914
The magnetic base that I got at Harbor Freight has 8mm threads where the adjustable arm unscrews from the base. It seems I can always find something 8mm to screw it onto or into wherever I need to use the dial indicator.
crash914
I have both....you are welcome to come and borrow them...

I made a flat bar to go across the rocker posts and then I set up and measure the other two...

I also have one that uses a vice grip and adjustable holder.

I have a couple of 1" + dial indicators
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.