Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for sheet metal screws?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
I'm making the 2.0/4 pretty and need a source for the tin screws....anyone ever deal with this guy or have a better idea/source?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...tem380009738888

IPB Image
markb
John has bunches of them.....
AvalonFal
Got my SLOTTED cheesehead screws at local Fastenal store (www.fastenal.com). M6 sizes were $.09 and $.13 each.
Joe Bob
Thanks....
Katmanken
And the way those damn things tend to freeze to the block and heads, I would pay extra to avoid allen heads....

Having slots inb the screws at least enabled me to use an impact driver to spin them out....

With allen heads I coulda really started cussing.....

Try a VW type 1 engine source.... CIP1?????

Ken
McMark
I get mine from McMaster.
Slider
Check out your local motorcycle shop. alot of times they will have bins of different size bolts for engine covers -etc and they are pretty nice chromed etc..
Bartlett 914
Another source for metric components is Metric and Multistandard Components (www.metricmcc.inc ). They really carry a lot of stuff. I use them quite often.
Joe Bob
You would think that our resident CWs would know....OK....off to the Originality Forum for the question.... blink.gif

Send help if I don't make it back.... unsure.gif
Joe Bob
Never mind....the Krusty one has a source.
Gint
QUOTE(Beanie Boy @ Mar 29 2008, 04:13 PM) *
BTW, that guy is a member here. He's doing repro rubber seals and stuff. I have some of his stuff and so far have no issues at all.

QUOTE(Beanie Boy @ Mar 30 2008, 09:53 AM) *
Never mind....the Krusty one has a source.
And that source would be....?
Gint
Waiting...
Joe Bob
He just said he had all I need.....ask him who his source is.....(805) 925-1993
I know you can get them from www.mscdirect.com , box of 100 for less than $10.

Joe Bob
Or, Al Zim
Gint
tanxalot...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.