Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Earth Hour
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Anyone participating in Earth Hour today? Lights out for 1 hour starting at 8:00PM

http://www7.earthhourus.org/
smontanaro
Yup. Starts in about 20 minutes here. I'm thinking I'll just hop on my bike in the basement or take the dog for a long walk.

Skip
rjames
Ditto on the dog walking. smile.gif
I like how Google made their home page black too because the 'turned out the lights'.

spunone
Got my candles ready thanks
rick 918-S
You people are going to cause the lines to droop on the grid. dry.gif
akellym
I've turned ON anything I can find to use as MUCH electricity as possible and I'm opening the windows and turning up the heat! Come on group hug! biggrin.gif
sww914
No, we lost power plenty of times over the winter. I've done my share.
Todd Enlund
I'm going dark in about ten minutes... I'll be back on after 9PM (12AM Eastern) to VOTE FOR MRS. K again!

Click to view attachment
smontanaro
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Mar 29 2008, 09:45 PM) *

I'll be back on after 9PM (12AM Eastern) to VOTE FOR MRS. K again!

Thanks for the reminder...

S
KaptKaos
I am turning on every light in the house to make up for you jokers.

av-943.gif
pjf
I lit the candles. The Google page was very effective I thought.
Gint
I'm way beyond that already. I vaguely recall hearing something about it. I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to news. During that hour we were watching the last 15 minutes of Jay and Silent Bob. Too funny.
effutuo101
Took my wife to a friends birthday party. Started at 7pm and by 10 pm, it was lights out for her... drunk.gif
I don't envy the headache she will have tomorrow. biggrin.gif but I will give her crap about it. So, all of my lights where out at my house.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.