Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 ignition lock problem ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
i read every article on this planet about how to rekey your 911 ignition key, but i'm stuck ...

i can't figure out how to remove the inner cylinder with the tumblers ... sad.gif

i drilled out the pin and removed the lock from the assembly, but i don't see how the lock itself would open to give me access to the tumblers? confused24.gif

here's what i got:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

HELP!
rolleyes.gif Andy
markb
I'm guessing you already read my rekey thread, so I'll just say it looks like it comes apart like an early 914 one. In other words, carefully pry off the back for tumbler access.
So.Cal.914
Do ypu need to have the key in the tumbler to extract the inner piece. Seams like I read that somewhere.
SirAndy
QUOTE(markb @ Mar 29 2008, 05:39 PM) *

I'm guessing you already read my rekey thread, so I'll just say it looks like it comes apart like an early 914 one. In other words, carefully pry off the back for tumbler access.

yes, i read your thread. but in your thread, the lock looks different. i don't see a circlip on this one ...

pry off the back ???
idea.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 29 2008, 05:41 PM) *

Do ypu need to have the key in the tumbler to extract the inner piece. Seams like I read that somewhere.

the whole idea of rekeying a lock is that i don't have the original key for this lock ...
shades.gif Andy
charliew
I haven't seen one like that but it looks like there are two small phillips screws holding the back on.
Charliew
SirAndy
QUOTE(charliew @ Mar 29 2008, 05:52 PM) *

I haven't seen one like that but it looks like there are two small phillips screws holding the back on.

nope, those are not screws.

those are two plastic pins that seem to have been melted into the backing plate with a tool that left cross-hatched markings ...
bye1.gif Andy
Dr. Roger
Bingo!!

Courtesy of the Bird Board.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=348306

what the author refers to as "projections" are your pins that are mushroomed to hold the back plate on.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Mar 29 2008, 06:21 PM) *

Bingo!!

smilie_pokal.gif

that'll do!
beerchug.gif Andy
while you are at it, you might as well remove steering tab - especially if you are going to track the car. You might as well cut off / remove auto locking tab on the end.

SirAndy
QUOTE(396 @ Mar 30 2008, 06:14 AM) *

while you are at it, you might as well remove steering tab - especially if you are going to track the car. You might as well cut off / remove auto locking tab on the end.

yeah no ... rolleyes.gif
McMark
In case your key falls out while you're racing, Andy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.