Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
sgrisanti
What are the most important factors in the true value of a 914-6.
Gustl
there's no general answer to your question

the value always depends on the pesonal preferences of anyone who would want to buy the car

personaly, I prefere high grade original cars, others love GT clones or teeners with big V8 engines - that's all about individual taste

bye1.gif Gustl
davep
Two major factors:
The basic factor is condition. Bodies are generally not in the best of condition, and can be expensive to repair. There are tons of parts to attach to the body, and while they can be expensive are available at least. Then there is the condition of the major parts like the engine and transmission. After 30+ years there may be problems and even simple rebuilds are not cheap if done correctly.
The bonus factor is provenance. Original six or original paint and so on will add to the bonus factor. Originality will always add value. If it has racing history then it could have a huge bonus factor; for instance an otherwise nice 914/6 worth say $30,000 could be worth $300,000 if it had extensive, documented racing history.
Joe Bob
Condition....maintenance....
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(sgrisanti @ Mar 29 2008, 07:34 PM) *

What are the most important factors in the true value of a 914-6.

Originality & VIN.

Even a rusty 914, covered by its COA is valuable.

To exact true originality, the numbers should match.
Pat
9146FAN
agree.gif with Pat. I would ad; no accidents, no RUST must be worth more than a repaired body.
SirAndy
documented low milage on a numbers matching car!
shades.gif Andy
sixnotfour
Show us your find
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 5 2008, 05:47 PM) *

Most -6's are going for $15-25k depending upon condition.

Cool! This means I did'nt pay too much for my highly molested, nowhere near original six. Wassup E? biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 6 2008, 12:38 AM) *

shades.gif Andy

agree.gif , but this applies to just about any, collectable car.

smoke.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 5 2008, 09:38 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

cars are meant to be used lol

i actually do agree, but my car is the exception

nothing like an original car with 240,000 miles and only immediate family owned lol

besides for the car being a family car, i agree

after working with classic cars at my last job, documented*** low miles, little rust, little bodywork, and numbers matching makes for the best investment

then addition item add to value from a collectors stance. the appearnace package on a 4 is an example, to factory air, etc.

or rare options such as the factory gasburners for the 6 help too

then documented profession racing history also helps as a bonus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.