Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seebring exhaust?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JOE M
Anybody using a sebring exhaust and if so how do they sound. I am not sure if I want a sebring or a manta!I have A 72 914 1.7
type47
i have one on my 1.8 L-jet and it sounds right for the price.
JOE M
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 30 2008, 07:06 AM) *

i have one on my 1.8 L-jet and it sounds right for the price.

Is it throaty at all? I like the sound of the manta but it`s 2x the price!!!
PeeGreen 914
If you want throaty have you looked into Triad?
type47
the sound is not real throaty. i'm not sure a triad would fit a 1.7 if the 1.7 has heat exchangers that turn up on the ends. i have a triad on my 2.0L and the outlets (dual smile.gif )just exit under the bumper without a real valance. i would think the outlets with a 1.7 would not clear.
PeeGreen 914
Yeah. I am not sure about that, but you could call Dave and ask. He custom builds them all so who knows.
JOE M
At some point I will need to get H.E . I had to rip the tin off because it was all rotted. I ended up welding a couple of holes in the H.E and hopefully it will buy me a year or TWO. The drawback is that I can not drive in cold weather. I just want to get the thing running for the summer. I thnik I will go for the seebring exhaust for now and maybe upgrade later. So far the only place I see them is at pelican. Any other cheap exhausts out there?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.