Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More formal introduction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
Hi, I had been lurking here for awhile. I signed up and have made a few posts but I have not posted any pics of my project. It is not of the calibre of some here but it is turning out reasonable well. I have made a few upgrades mostly cosmetic. Carpeted trunks, removed side marker lights, stainless steel dash/step plates.Basic hardware upgrades as well. Turbo tie rods 140# rear springs, 22mm torsion bars, stiffening kit, gas shocks for the trunk, I used a rabbit wiper switch for the addition of a washer pump, etc....It is still very much "in the works". I was wondering if anyone has a good pass. side footrest. The larger foam piece. I have a good small one if somebody wants it. I would really like to get one fairly soon as I am trying to get this thing done while I am off work. Thanks
F4i
another shot
Brad Roberts
Dylan,

welcome clap56.gif (in case I missed your first post) The car looks great, it appears you are not too far away from having that bad boy finished.

B
ChrisReale
looks like its coming along. It takes alot of time to do everything right, and it seems that you have a sound chassis to start off with. Welcome to the board!
Gint
That looks really nice! Welcome to the board. beer.gif
Qarl
Other than the dirty center console... your car looks... ummmm.... Friggin awesome!!!!

You can get some vinyl dye and make the center console look like new...

I recommend... Surflex...

http://www.colorplus.com/frameset_products.html

They have the correct black for Porsche cars. Very easy to work with...
rick 918-S
Welcome, nice ride. aktion035.gif driving.gif
F4i
Hi, it was a fairly sound car to begin with. Here is a little background. I first saw the car shortly after it
had been on fire! Not a little fire either. The engine lid and rear trunk were destroyed right rear tire/cv
boot ect. were very much burned. And of course the fire dept. were not very concerned about the car so
its treatment was poor. It ended up being a right off. A guy I knew bought it with the intention of restoring
it. I had mentioned that I wanted it but he was determined to give it a go. A few years passed and he
gives me a call. He had given up. Unfortunately he had not given up until he had completely disassembled
the car. He chose to remove the wiring harness by cutting it at the centre tunnel and pulling from both
ends. A great many other parts were removed with similar techniques. I foolishly packed it all up and
headed home. The jack points were rusted off completely as well as some of the usual rust. I went
through a pile of mig wire to get it here. This may explain why I may ask some silly questions. I just do not
know where some thing go. I did not take the car apart so it's been a struggle getting it back together. I
have found this site a great tool for both technical expertise and motivation. Thanks for all the support.
BTW If anyone does have that footrest on a parts car or something just let me know what you want for it.
There are not too many teeners in Calgary.
Qarl
Can you take a more "close up" picture of your dash face?

Thanks!

Again... clap56.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jan 15 2004, 10:28 PM)
Other than the dirty center console... your car looks... ummmm.... Friggin awesome!!!!

Qarl, how can you tell it's dirty when I can hardly see it?
Jes "Q"urious rolleyes.gif

...........b
Brad Roberts
I have one. 80$ plus shipping. No rips/tears and the "strap" is still in place with the working clip. I can also send you the piece that screws to the frame rail for the clip.

B
boxstr
In case you did't know Dylan, yellow is faster. Extremely nice car.
CCLINMELLOWYELLOW
Qarl
Bruce... it's sitting on the floor in the second picture... I can see it on my monitor! Adjust your brightness and contrast!
F4i
Here is the close up. 250 kph spedo was a score. Considering I live in Canada. Yep just dust on the
console brought it up from the basement tonight. Brad, I think we are talking about the same thing but
different. I am not looking for the retro carpeted one just the hunk of foam that sits forward most in the
passenger foot well. It lives under the carpet. If your not following me I can take a pic of the trashed one.
Bruce Allert
Chris,
thanks.... I'm flattered aktion035.gif

Qarl, thanks to you too. I see with lightness now cool.gif
.........b
Brad Roberts
Ahh that piece.. I should be able to ship you a free one.

B
swood
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Jan 15 2004, 10:06 PM)

Qarl

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! laugh.gif laugh.gif
SirAndy
schweet ride! driving.gif

Andy
F4i
Finally! a price I can afford. Let me know how much for shipping and I will paypal or something. I bought a speedo cable quite a while back. I went to install it today and the boots are backwards. Since the parts house that supplied them was not helpfull (past 30 days ) I thought I'll just buy one here from Porsche.$237.00!!! not for the whole car just the speedo cable. Needless to say I am just going to live with the boot the way they are.
Bruce Allert
Hmmmmm... "backwards boots".
sound familiar to anyone? I seem to remember a thread about this very thing but can't put my finger on it.

...........b
Brad Roberts
All the boots are backwards. I CANNOT F_ING figure out why the vendors dont F_ING complain to the manufacturer and get this FIXED. What a pain in ALL of our ASSES.

B
F4i
If they are all like that I am glad I didn't wait for another one. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. They should have fixed it by now. I bought mine over a year ago.
Brad Roberts
It has been like this for at least 4-5 years that I can recall.

B
GWN7
Welcome beerchug.gif

Nice to see another teener so close by laugh.gif

Nice car BTW
F4i
Brad, While I am bugging you . Any update on the 4 bolt vented rotor project? I realize you have a lot on your plate right now. I am holding off my brakes until last due to my interest in the vented rotor hubs.
Qarl
ar15.gif The backwards boot is fixable. There was a thread on it either here or on the Pelican 914 board.

Maybe someone can dig it up.
watsonrx13
Dylan, great looking ride. Congrats on getting it put back together. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.