Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheapest auto shippers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Just thinking about ways to accomplish my bus goal and I have found decent specimens in CA and other non-rust belt places. I figure at the price some of these are selling for it may be worth it to look into shipping. Since I dont need an engine or tranny this broadens the field and lowers the cost for the bus, but raises the cost for shipping a non-running pig.
Any of you have suggestions for a reasonable shipper that can:
- Do door to door?
- Take non running vehicles?
- Ship a bus?

Enlighten me smile.gif
Joe Bob
I've had good luck by just doing a google on "auto transports" and then getting bids....cheap and I insist on insurance. DAS is pretty good.

I've been able to use bids and get DAS to go cheaper...
Slider
I just had my 914 shipped from CA to CO about a month ago and it ran me $599 from this company..
www.dashautomoversnetwork.com

It was from door to door and i had the car in a couple days. i know there is charge for a non running vehicle..

as for fitting when they dropped off my car there was a Escalade on the truck..so i would think a Bus would fit.
jonferns
ableautotransport.com, finds shippers for you. Got the 914 shipped from CA to NJ for $880
Dr Evil
Jonathan, was the car Non-op? That tends to raise it quite a bit. Thanks for the links, I have some quotes in, but am waiting for more.
911quest
Shipping a non running car adds @150-200 to the total in my experience. You can't go wrong with starting with a good solid Bus but just buy one that runs and sell the motor and trans later. The late bay window bus transmissions bring good money to the off road guy's.
Dr Evil
Hmmm, the current bus has that tranny.
plymouth37
Give my guy Bruce a call, he has shipped 3 cars for me, 2 of which were non-opp, for a great price. His number is 214-226-3199.
Dana.
Dr Evil
Always glad to toss biz to a friend smile.gif I'll see about him tomorrow.
carr914
My buddy that is bringing my trannies to you, travels all over getting Porsches. Sometimes he has an empty trailer.

T.C.
Dr Evil
Hmmm, I'll have to talk with him about it smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.