Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Guy, First Post!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mystic914
Hi Guys,

My first post as I am reaching out from beautiful Mystic, CT. My car arrived on the back of a transport less than 2 weeks ago from MO. Scarlet Red 76, pretty nice shape, no rust and loads of fun to drive!! Needs a few little things but who doesn't love to tinker? I will post pics soon. But at the moment, I would like to ask a few questions...if it's not too much trouble.

1. My car is missing the windshield washer bottle. I found a nice one on ebay and it's on the way. But I never seem to see the hose hooked up to spares in any pics I see. Not a good idea?

2. It has a nice Lecarra 4 spoke wheel but I would like to go stock. I found one in good shape but it is missing some internal parts. I can't find a breakdown of the assembly to see exactly what I need. Any good source for this?

More to come I'm sure......

Thanks for your help, Jim
davep
The spare tire setup was not the best, but it did work most of the time.
There are a few threads on replacing with an electric pump. I have some parts to make that a possibility.

Check Pelican Parts for the diagram and parts list for the steering wheel. They may have the parts available.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the internal horn parts were all part of the butterfly assembly and the parts were never available separately. We are now making the horn contact plate that has the tab to which one connects the wire, but the insulators and fiber washers are scarce.
Nothing like getting the car back to its original great condition the way it rolled off the line.
The tire pressure washer system works just fine, and washer bottles are a dime a dozen, but the connection parts are the ones that are rare. (washer bottle top, spare tire connector, and joint connecter between the bottle top hose and spare tire)
The only problem maybe with the system are rotten hoses that may cause a fluid spill on your lap!
krazykonrad
welcome.png

Keep asking questions, we all like to help out fellow teeners!

Konrad 72/4
ericread
First of all, welcome.png

As ofr the steering wheel, send an email to dr914@autoatlanta. His catalog is about the best parts catalog out there. Page 187 has a full breakout of the steering wheel components.

Good luck! and have fun!!!
Trevorg7
welcome.png

Pics, we want pics.

T
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(mystic914 @ Mar 31 2008, 01:34 PM) *

Hi Guys,

My first post as I am reaching out from beautiful Mystic, CT. My car arrived on the back of a transport less than 2 weeks ago from MO. Scarlet Red 76, pretty nice shape, no rust and loads of fun to drive!! Needs a few little things but who doesn't love to tinker? I will post pics soon. But at the moment, I would like to ask a few questions...if it's not too much trouble.

1. My car is missing the windshield washer bottle. I found a nice one on ebay and it's on the way. But I never seem to see the hose hooked up to spares in any pics I see. Not a good idea?

2. It has a nice Lecarra 4 spoke wheel but I would like to go stock. I found one in good shape but it is missing some internal parts. I can't find a breakdown of the assembly to see exactly what I need. Any good source for this?

More to come I'm sure......

Thanks for your help, Jim

Jim,
welcome.png
I like Lecarra wheels and I'm sure I can find what you need in my parts stash for your stock wheel.
Its only a short ride from Mystic to Manchester. Drive on up and show us your new toy. driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png
wilchek
found this in the classified. I think it is a good price. NOt sure if all the parts you need are included.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=82400
Dr Evil
I have lots of odd parts if you need and can practically give them to you if you cant find them closer. welcome.png

You are lucky, there are many great folks up in the CT area smile.gif
Cevan
Another New England teener. welcome.png

Oh, and let me be the first to say:

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(davep @ Mar 31 2008, 11:38 AM) *

The spare tire setup was not the best, but it did work most of the time.
There are a few threads on replacing with an electric pump. I have some parts to make that a possibility.

Check Pelican Parts for the diagram and parts list for the steering wheel. They may have the parts available.

I, again, must be one of the lucky ones.

Still have my original washer setup & it's never pis_ed on my lap, though I suppose that could change any day. I like it because it's simple & requires no electrics. Think I'll keep it.

Sorry for the hijack!
Pat
degreeoff
QUOTE(Cevan @ Mar 31 2008, 04:11 PM) *

agree.gif
mystic914
Thanks for the response!!

I'm looking forward to meeting up with some North easters this summer.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking posting sans-pics.

Automobile Atlanta catalog will be on the way but I did find a couple of misc. steering wheel parts on The Samba.

I'll check in when I have a better idea of exactly what I need.

One more question for now..
The car came with aftermarket wheels that actually belong on an Alfa Romeo Spider! I found a very nice set of Mahles (Craig's List rocks!) and they came with the proper lug bolts that are sort of rusty. I usually see them pictured with black lug bolts. Are they just painted black or anodized or what?
mystic914
QUOTE(Cevan @ Mar 31 2008, 07:11 PM) *

Hey Chris, where in Western MA? I grew up in South Hadley.
Cevan
QUOTE(mystic914 @ Mar 31 2008, 10:00 PM) *

Small world. I live in Granby.
jd74914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 31 2008, 03:56 PM) *

Jim,
welcome.png

Its only a short ride from Mystic to Manchester. Drive on up and show us your new toy. driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif

agree.gif You should come up this way . . . coincidentally there are a lot of us around Manchester.

Where do you live in Mystic? I'm down there a lot in the summer time. smile.gif

Jim
jtf914
Welcome from another CT resident, I just moved back here last year. Nice find on the Mahles, right after I moved here I found a perfect Saratoga top on Craigslist for next to nothing....

-Justin
mystic914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 31 2008, 10:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 31 2008, 03:56 PM) *

Jim,
welcome.png

agree.gif You should come up this way . . . coincidentally there are a lot of us around Manchester.

Where do you live in Mystic? I'm down there a lot in the summer time. smile.gif

Jim

30 second drive from downtown.
mystic914
QUOTE(Cevan @ Mar 31 2008, 09:22 PM) *

QUOTE(mystic914 @ Mar 31 2008, 10:00 PM) *

Small world. I live in Granby.

It is a small world! I ran across your pics in the "post pics of your car" thread and I noticed that you also have Mahles. How are they finished? I know they came color matched on LE cars but aside from that, various sources seem to indicate that Wurth alloy silver wheel paint is the correct way to refinish. I was wondering if blasting with a very fine medium and clearcoating would look good. Any input?
pin31
welcome.png

Hey neighbor!!

Gint
welcome.png
Cevan
[/quote]

It is a small world! I ran across your pics in the "post pics of your car" thread and I noticed that you also have Mahles. How are they finished? I know they came color matched on LE cars but aside from that, various sources seem to indicate that Wurth alloy silver wheel paint is the correct way to refinish. I was wondering if blasting with a very fine medium and clearcoating would look good. Any input?
[/quote]

Mine are bare aluminum. This one I polished up a bit. It won't polish to a mirror finish because it's cast.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.