Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Light dimmer relay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Challe
I'm trying to rip out old electrical connections like an really old alarm system and a ebersprecher gasheater, some of the wiring went to the fusebox so I screwed it of to get some access and then I found a really strange corroded connection to what haynes manual describes as "light dimmer relay"....???

What is the function of the "Light dimmer" and what is the corroded junk located at the top of the relay good for, looks as it has been som kind of reset button and I think it has been capsulated in rubber.... it's located on the right/lower of the picture an the green stuff looks like corroded copper..

Anyone who has any clue?

Click to view attachment
SLITS
That thick of wire and that color indicates that it is "swtiched power". Power when key is on.

Rubber hat would be to prevent it from shorting to body when fuse panel is attached to mounts.

Same corrosion you would see on a battery terminal hot pole.

Switches from hi beam to lo beam or visa versa. muy importante .....
SirAndy
QUOTE(Challe @ Mar 31 2008, 03:00 PM) *

and a ebersprecher gasheater

you got some pictures of that setup ???
idea.gif Andy
McMark
Light dimmer flip flops between low beams and high beams.

you got some pictures of that setup ???

agree.gif
Challe
Thank you for your answers, so it was no more strange than that wink.gif

I have only one pic of the Eberspecher but I will make som photos of it tonight before I take it out, the installation is sort of creative. As you can see in the enclosed pic, the heater looks more modern then the car (-73), it's located at the floor in front of the passenger seat so the passenger seat is not adjustable anymore, and thats one of the reasons that I have to remove it... has som rust behind the pass seat wich needs som attention... the exhaust pipe and intake air pipe is tubed under the car and the gas line comes in under the car...
A timer is located under the dash..

I haven't decided yet if I will put it back after the rust repair, I like the 914 clean and spartan and without extras so it will propably not be back in the car, even if the heat would be great for the cold summer nights crusing...

I will be back with more pics...
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Very cool!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 1 2008, 04:03 AM) *

Very cool!

Nope.. very HOT... especially when it catches fire! biggrin.gif

Challe
Well you could call it a hotseat or hotspot biggrin.gif

First pic from the timer, made it possible to set the time you want the heater to start so you could enter a warm car in the morning.
Click to view attachment

Next pic shows the exhaust (1" pipe) and the in air tube (rubbertube), located under the car directly under the heater, two 1" and four 1/2" holes to take care of when the heater is gone.... as if I didn't have enough of rustholes to take care of welder.gif
Click to view attachment

Last pic shows the location of the heater in front of the pass seat, note the hot air outlet, 1800watts under your knees w00t.gif
Click to view attachment

Looks like one of the former owner used the car in the winter, both seats was modified with electrical heat in the seatpad and the back...

SirAndy
that looks exactly like the one i used to run in my '74 super beetle ...

those things WORK! piratenanner.gif

sauna conditions in the car while driving through sub zero winterland ...
shades.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.