Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rich Johnson motor mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
I couldn't justify welding the mount to the firewall after stretching the wiring harness to fit into the channel made for it. I also welded a longer tube through the double layer firewall from the cockpit side, intead of using the crush tube he supplies.
ChrisFoley
blah blah
Brad Roberts
I weld them all in.

It only takes 4-6 inches of bead on the outsides and 2-3 inches on the insides. Sometimes (in the past) i would do both.

If you have ever seen the stock 6 mount... welding th RJ mount in is OVERKILL compared to stock.. laugh.gif

B
Brad Roberts
How old is that mount ?? I think RJ changed them from that style a few months back.

b
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 16 2004, 01:31 AM)
How old is that mount ?? I think RJ changed them from that style a few months back.

b

Larryp just bought it a month or so back.

I didn't like the idea of ever having to remove the wiring harness through that hole. I'm sure it doesn't need to be welded to be strong enough.
MJHanna
I’m telling Rich you’re not following instructions. laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Jan 16 2004, 08:47 AM)

I did read them though. mueba.gif
MJHanna
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 16 2004, 08:33 AM)
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Jan 16 2004, 08:47 AM)

I did read them though. mueba.gif

He likes it when people call and say it doesn’t work. But you can say yeah but I READ em, but I race a 914 and we never follow anything…….. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.