Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some insurance help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stateofidleness
so im kinda young and ive never really had to deal with the insurance stuff.. my parents take care of it, they just tell me what i owe them.. well im tryin to get my own classic insurance through hagerty and have a question..

i applied online and got to the end where it says:

We need the following pieces of information to complete your application:

* Insurance declaration page for daily use vehicle(s).
* Photographs of the vehicle(s).
* Payment of $245.00

1. My mom has showed me the form online for my daily use vehicle, but its not a "form" per se so how do i send this to hagerty?

2. photographs are no problem and ill take care of that tomorrow when i have some time in the daylight

3. do i have to pay them $245 without even being accepted??? is this a flat fee or... im confused! I dont want to pay someone 245 just to apply

can someone educate me a little that has hagerty insurance already!

thanks so much
rick 918-S
Best call Hagerty. Phone 800-922-4050

http://www.hagerty.com/about/about_contactus.aspx
championgt1
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Mar 31 2008, 06:01 PM) *

so im kinda young and ive never really had to deal with the insurance stuff.. my parents take care of it, they just tell me what i owe them.. well im tryin to get my own classic insurance through hagerty and have a question..

i applied online and got to the end where it says:

We need the following pieces of information to complete your application:

* Insurance declaration page for daily use vehicle(s).
* Photographs of the vehicle(s).
* Payment of $245.00

1. My mom has showed me the form online for my daily use vehicle, but its not a "form" per se so how do i send this to hagerty?

2. photographs are no problem and ill take care of that tomorrow when i have some time in the daylight

3. do i have to pay them $245 without even being accepted??? is this a flat fee or... im confused! I dont want to pay someone 245 just to apply

can someone educate me a little that has hagerty insurance already!

thanks so much

I have haggertys and they have been great so far.

First things first do you have a daily driver other than the car you are insuring through haggerty? You must have another car that you drive daily.

As far as the declaration page for your daily insurance, you should have a page that came with your insurance cards that stats what car is insured and the limits of coverage for your daily driver.

The $245.00 should be the total cost for the year.

I was a little confused by Haggertys website as well. I ended up calling them and they were very helpful and answered all the questions I had.

Good luck!!
Joe Bob
They have a TON of exclusions...can't be a Daily Driver, has to be garaged, CLEAN driving record, can't be used to shag a sixpack or to drive to work....my regular insurance gives me a break due to multiple cars. Just as cheap and no limits except for mileage.

Hagerty may also not take you due to age...they like old pharts that do the speed limits.... slits.gif
stateofidleness
i meet all their requirements
for the form though.. its all online but its "viewable" and not an actual form. should i copy and paste it to them or? trying to avoid having to mail them anything

22 btw

i may just have to give them a call then

i opted for the 50mile package as well.. figured it'd be worth it
JRust
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Mar 31 2008, 07:54 PM) *

i meet all their requirements
for the form though.. its all online but its "viewable" and not an actual form. should i copy and paste it to them or? trying to avoid having to mail them anything

22 btw

i may just have to give them a call then

i opted for the 50mile package as well.. figured it'd be worth it

I just got with Hagerty for my new 914-8. Same process & no big deal. If you use a debit or credit card online they won't charge you until you are accepted. The minute they accept money I believe that would bind them to coverage confused24.gif . Took a week after I paid before it was actually debited from my checking. I got a call saying all was well before I saw the money leave my account. Great company
tdgray
I have Hagerty and while they do have exclusions I did put on my application that I occasionally drive them to work and for short pleasure trips (ie snagging the six pack)... they did not have a problem with it (I went through and agent).

As for the Dec sheet ask your agent for a copy. They will not cash your check until your application is finalized (I asked the same question)
Joe Bob
While it may not be true today, back in my day, I had an agent say...oh that's covered and when I read the fine print, I found that "it" was specifically excluded.

READ the policy....
stateofidleness
so in speaking with them today... i think i have to look elsewhere.. i am on my parents policy for my daily driver which means im not eligible, and when asking if my parents could apply, they said no because i am the title holder on the 914...

bah...

what are my options as far as cheap collectible auto insurance? my quote with hagerty was 245 a year with the 50mile roadside included...

anyone beat this or get close to it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.