Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mahle Cylinder Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hi,
Is there any significance to the pink/red dot on the cylinders? I have a set of NOS 2.0L Euro Pistons and cylinders that I'm installing and noticed the dot on the top fin.

Thanks,
Dan
Mark Henry
Nope...the important part is the piston, it has an arrow and it must point towards the flywheel.

A bit of trivia....flip the piston over and you'll see a boss on the part that holds the pin. This boss also points towards the flywheel.
solex
Interestingly there are no arrow on the pistons. There is a little schematic of the crankshaft and flywheel etched into the piston...

Some Pictures are attached. Thanks for the info
solex
one other for good measure
Mark Henry
Arrow is most common, but they did mark them with several different symbols over the years.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(solex @ Mar 31 2008, 11:11 PM) *

Looks like your pilot bearing is pushed into the crank.

Zach
degreeoff
Man look at how clean that haynes manual is! You need to spend more time in the shop!! lol
solex
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 1 2008, 07:27 AM) *

QUOTE(solex @ Mar 31 2008, 11:11 PM) *

Looks like your pilot bearing is pushed into the crank.

Zach

Zach,
It has been removed so the machinist could resurface the flywheel and is sitting on the bench, thanks for noticing...
solex
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Apr 1 2008, 07:33 AM) *

Man look at how clean that haynes manual is! You need to spend more time in the shop!! lol

I cannot disagree with you on that point....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.