Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ouch... my head hurts...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So I just came across all the receipts of the stuff I have bought for my car this year.

Race seats
Transmission with MSX and TB dif
2.4l engine
PR engine mount and trans mounts
PR shift linkage bushings
Rennshift
Tangerine fuel lines
Oddyssy PC680

okay... some of this I traded for.... but

Dang it..... chair.gif

Don't you ever wish you never looked at how much you spent on the stuff you put in there? I generally try not to look but I was getting everything ready for taxes and just happened to look through the stack o 914 papers.

piratenanner.gif Here is to spending money on 914s beerchug.gif And all the fun that comes from them drunk.gif
chris914
How do you write 914 stuff off on your taxes? av-943.gif

Nice parts! beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
I wish I could sad.gif ... I just keep all the records with all the other bills and receipts.
sww914
Racing is a legitimate advertising expense, Pepsi, Tide, Ferrari, Dupont, they all write it off as advertising because it is. They write off billions, we write off thousands. Also you can write off all of your losses if you have a business license for whatever racing and you can prove that you did have a reasonable expectation of profiting- for example if you advertised looking for sponsors and can prove it then it's reasonable to expect that you could have gained a sponsor and the business could have profited.
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, but the IRS already hounds Real Estate agents by making sure their deductions are within reason. I try to do everything to avoid audit as I have seen them waste so much of my fathers time. Even though every time they did an audit they found they had to give him money back it always took three days to a week away from him and added unwanted stress.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 31 2008, 10:20 PM) *

Yeah, but the IRS already hounds Real Estate agents by making sure their deductions are within reason. I try to do everything to avoid audit as I have seen them waste so much of my fathers time. Even though every time they did an audit they found they had to give him money back it always took three days to a week away from him and added unwanted stress.

Sounds like a provable loss to me... nuther deduction.. check! laugh.gif
Gint
I quit paying attention to how much I spend on cars a long time ago. I'm not in it for the money (obviously!).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.