Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 477 xxx xxx part numbers ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pat4
I just bought an old stock from a Porsche dealer. Mainly 911 parts, some 914 body parts.
There are some parts (fiber bumper I think) with a number that begins with 477 xxx xxx

Do you have an idea for what car they are for ?
davep
I believe a 924 or 944.
pat4
Any confirmation ?
GWN7
Post a picture of the bumper....easier to ID it that way than guess as to what a partial part number might be.
davep
If you look up parts for a 924 you will find that a lot of them start with 477. My guess is that the 924 is the model you have parts for. The first 3 digits indicate the model of vehicle the parts were designed for. The fourth digit indicates the group the part falls into: 1 engine, 6 Porsche electric or 9 VW electric. If the first model digit is 9 as in 911 or 928 then it is Porsche, otherwise it is likely VW. So 477 9xx xxx is VW electric and is likely 924. The 924 was designed as a VW project, and when VW dropped the ball, Porsche bought the design back. The VW part numbers were already assigned.

DaveP
former VW parts manager
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.