Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side decal application tips?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914zim
Dudes:
I got the side decals from the guy on ebay that sells them.
I was going to try and put them on tonight, so I wanted to see if anyone had done this already and might have a few tips for me.
Thanks!
Andy...
boxstr
I f I were putting one on a car I would put it on the lower rocker panels, that way if you selll the car the new owner if they want to remove them won't have to try and scrap it from the body of the car.
CCLINSIDEDECALVILLE
VegasRacer
Get a spray bottle. Fill it with water. Add a few drops of liquid soap. When you peel off the back of the decal, spray it and get it dripping wet. Then you can put the decal on the car and slide it around to get the exact placement you want. Use a squeegee to drain the water and remove air bubbles. Press hard but don't stretch the decal. When it dries it will be perfectly flat.
914werke
Rockers ! Im sorry Craig but that would be FUGLY blink.gif
914zim
Alright, thanks fellas!
Now I'm wondering if I can get the heater in the garage to bring the temp up to something reasonable! It's about 25 degrees here in WI! My hands are getting cold just thinking about it.
Andy...
Jeroen
Don't worry about removing them...
Hairdryer works magic. Heats up the glue and will peal off easily without paint damage

cheers,

Jeroen
boxstr
My yellow car had a PORSCHE stripe down the side. Nothing would take the thing off without paint damage.
I have seen a black 914 with a silve PORSCHE stripe on the rocker panel. It did look good.
CCLINNOSTRIPES
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.