Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight washers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
To my understanding the 75 and 76 MY had an option of headlight washers. Anyone got them on their car? Pics? info?

I always thought this was a cool thing - read about them in Andersons book - but theres not a lot of detail there.

Thanks

M
Kirmizi
Check page 193 of the Haynes manual, shows a '75 model (except USA) front bumper. Mike
Kargeek
I have only the bumper top and nozzles.

DH
kconway
Haynes page 135 shows both nozzle and dash switch. I asked about this in the CW forum and someone in there has all the parts to make it happen. Is that a unique bumper top or do you just knock holes in the standard top?

Kev
914Sixer
The 75-76 dash has a slot for the switch. Switch can be sourced from the early 924 console switch. I may have a late dash for picture if I can find it. Squirter is standard 911. Check PET for more info on parts
davep
There is a specific bumper & top for the 1974 style as shown in the photo above. The hole for the squirter is moulded in, and the holes are provided in the metal frame.
Bumper (15) and bumper top (1) on page 192
The switch is item 30 on page 263
The rest of the system is shown on page 279:
https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinfo/pdf/e...914_KATALOG.pdf
Says that this system was available from 1974 MY.
Bleyseng
74-79 Euro buses also had these as a option and the parts look similar so someone could cobble a working setup from all these parts as Porsche probably did for the limited number of 914's with this option.
Engman
That would make this a real rare option. Wonder if it increases the car value?

My guess is that there was less than 20 in the states.

I would love to see the dash pic.

Thanks

M

sixnotfour
Troutman had a bunch of the 74 bumper tops and some tank parts years ago.
Somebody like ury ? (Paul) probably has an old ad.
jesiv
Here is a pic on a late model

Click to view attachment

Regards,

James
914Sixer
Here is the late dash picture. You can see the rocker switch position just over the heater controls. I put a piece of white behind it.
Bleyseng
I'll have to check my dash
kconway
I'm guessing that bumper top is impossible to find at this point.
914Sixer
I think the squirters are NLA but I am not sure. Check AA, they may have an installation kit. Section 9/5/2 in old paper parts book shows everything you need. I just checked the PET and the pictues are there also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.