Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlamp Washer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
kconway
Page 135 in my Haynes manual shows details of a headlamp washer. Which years had this feature? Anybody have photos?
Kev
Bleyseng
Look on Jeff Bowlsby site for info on the headlamp washer which was a Swedish requirement for 75 cars. IIRC
davep
Not sure when it first came available but possibly 73 or 74.
I have the parts for the 74 anyway.
jonferns
I have the parts for the 74 anyway.

Could you post a pic?
davep
It may take a week or so to get the pictures.
jim_hoyland
Were they not for export to Norway or Sweden only, originally ? Dave Hall, Karqeek, has them on his 914.
Bleyseng
Jeff lists it as a option starting in Aug 74 which is the model yr 75.
JeffBowlsby
I have seen a couple vintage photos of the washer nozzles mounted to the 74 bumper pad...I think these may have just been a mock-up, because the German price lists (the only price lists I have) only mention it as an available option for the 1975 model year, for which there are other vintage marketing photos.

One thing for sure though...I found a photo from the USA version of the 1975 Service and Training manual which describes that the front bumper required a special mounting bracket...I guess this suggests hat they were available in the USA too?

So when and where they were available and for which model years is as clear as mud...
davep
The washer set-up for the 1974 model year is real.
JeffBowlsby
Must be a mid-year introduction then. The 74 S&T manual does not indicate it (top image), but the 75 manual (lower image) does.
davep
Click to view attachment
The tank
Click to view attachment
and the bumper top with the squirter location molded in
Click to view attachment
note that the bumper is a stock type without the hole for the squirter. I'll have to modify that later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.