Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a recomendation for DFW body work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zen motorcycle
I have decided that I just don't have the time to do the body work and don't want this car to be a 10 year restoration. I need recomendations for hell hole and passenger Long repair in the DFW area. I am not going to say that money is no object, but I want it done right.

Thanks
zen motorcycle
Anyone
Bueller

Bueller
Brian_Boss
A typical collision repair shop is not going to be able to do a good job on this, if they would even take it on.

I would call Ed Mayo. If he doesn't want to do it, he will know someone who can.
zen motorcycle
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ Apr 16 2008, 09:32 PM) *

A typical collision repair shop is not going to be able to do a good job on this, if they would even take it on.

I would call Ed Mayo. If he doesn't want to do it, he will know someone who can.

Thanks, Don't happen to have contact info handy do you? I see he is on PCA, but I am not a member.

jr91472
don't mean to ignore your post, but I got nothin....

good luck
ClayPerrine
Richard Fisher.... He is in McKinney. He works on 914s in his spare time. And he has a waiting list.

Or you could go where I had both our 914s done. Gardner Paint and Body in Colleyville.

David Gardner does good work.
Brian_Boss
Having seen Richard's personal car and Clay's, I would give a lot of weight to his recommendations.

If you want another option, Ed's contact info is:
Mayo Performance Specialties 817-540-4939
Dave_Darling
Third for Richard. I couldn't remember his last name until I saw Clay's note. Amazing V8 914...

--DD
ClayPerrine
FYI... Ed Mayo doesn't do bodywork. He will send you to German Technology in Euless. Dan Butts runs the place, and he is a very good bodyman. But he is INCREDIBLY high priced. I talked to him about doing Betty's car before I took it into Gardner's. He wanted to keep it for twice as long as Gardner's, and wanted to charge me 3X what Gardner's did.

zen motorcycle
thanks for the info and recommendations. I will call both and see what happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.