Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fan Belt measurements
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
What is the correct part number/fan belt that I can get at the local FLAPS??

Rich
degreeoff
I presume for a six? I know its either 725 or 710 mm...though I found that mine @ 725 was a bit tight!....lets see...725 divide by 25.4 = 28.54 inches....thats how I got mine...told em the length.
Cap'n Krusty
Early sixes take 10 x 710, later ones take 10 x 725. If it has the large alternator pulley that takes the flat bar with 2 pins tool, it's early. A "too tight" belt is made looser by adding shims between the pulley halves, a too loose belt is made tighter by moving the shims to the outside. The Cap'n
r_towle
Sorry the Alternator belt for a four...

Lol

Rich
r_towle
no one knows the size???

Capn, I know you know this...

We have a car that keep throwing them and I want to make sure I get the exact and proper sized belt...I suspect its a bit to long...we are maxed out and I can put it on just by rolling the car in gear by hand....and then its loose.

I dont really want to take mine off the measure it, so I am hoping someone knows the proper size for me to get at the parts store.

Rich
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 8 2008, 10:44 AM) *

no one knows the size???

We have a car that keep throwing them and I want to make sure I get the exact and proper sized belt...I suspect its a bit to long...we are maxed out and I can put it on just by rolling the car in gear by hand....and then its loose.

I dont really want to take mine off the measure it, so I am hoping someone knows the proper size for me to get at the parts store.

Rich

10 x 965 mm. If you're throwing belts, and they're the right size, check the alignment of the pulleys. The Cap'n
r_towle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 8 2008, 02:02 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 8 2008, 10:44 AM) *

no one knows the size???

Rich

10 x 965 mm. If you're throwing belts, and they're the right size, check the alignment of the pulleys. The Cap'n

You know I told him that size and he bought a belt that looked like it would barely fit around the fan itself...he said he did the math...obviously he was wrong and I was right.
thanx
rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.