Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's the reason behind my questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
soloracer
Well, the reason I was asking the 3.2 vs 3.6 question is I was bidding on this:

3.5 Long Block

I backed out just under $7000 mainly because the concensus was to get a 3.6 instead. I imagine by the time this engine is up and running I would have been looking at a minimum of $11000 (twm fuel injection, flywheel, clutch, twin plugs, etc.) They claimed 380 hp however there was some skepticism and some were convinced it would be no more than 340 hp based on the cams. I know a nice 3.6 with a wevo 915 transmission was recently sold for $11000 so I kept that in mind when setting my price limit.

Do you think it was still a steal at $6850? Or did I make the right decision?
soloracer
Oh, if you have or know of a good 3.6 engine for sale drop me a line. The stocks are back up and I've got the itch to spend a little. happy11.gif
seanery
not a good street motor.
boxstr
I will sell my 87 3.2 motor, complete plug and play, with all wiring and induction system, ECU Motoronic unit,exhaust,flywheel and sheet metal and mounts. To any 914club member for $5000. I drove this car before the motor was dropped and it pulled extremely hard on acceleration. No smoke when driivng, Turbo valve covers, I am going to the V8 darkside.
Buyer pays shipping and handling. Located at CAMP 914 in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
CCLIN914V8
seanery
that's a really good price!

can I make installments?!
boxstr
Sure, why not.
CCLINCASHANDCARRY
seanery
Sure, why not.

Those words have got me in trouble many times before!
seanery
WOOOHOOOO!!!! I'm getting a six! I'm getting a six!!!
Gint
? huh.gif
Brad Roberts
No way this thing would make 380hp. PORSCHE cant make 395 hp with their air cooled 3.8 liter RSR slide valve engines.. this "tech" wont even get close to that with a 3.5 engine.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.