Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 944 Car Conundrum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
So about 2 years ago... Sold my 944 for about $1500 (paid like $250 for it and did some upgrades). The person who purchased the vehicle from me way back when never transferred ownership, I DID mail in the release of liability, BUT:

The vehicle still shows up in my name. A recent parking ticket in front of the new owner's house verifies such. The person whom I sold the car to apparently parks it in front of his house. I'm fairly convinced if he hasn't registered the car after 2 years he probably won't...

I'm wondering... Is it possible I can file for a lost title, or is there a better form of legal recourse I should go through to have my ownership re-declared on this vehicle so I can get it back?

Not sure how to do this, and I'm unsure what the DMV would say.

Thanks!
rick 918-S
Sure, go ahead. If you want to end up in jail for car theft. You'd be better off getting the thing towed. Then he'd be forced to transfer the car and get insurance to get it back.
mightyohm
I'm confused. You want the car back or you want him to get the title transferred?
VaccaRabite
You sold the car. It is not yours. Unless you buy it back, why would you even try this?

Zach
KELTY360
Can you prove you sent in the release of liability? Did you save a copy? did you send it registered mail?

You can be held liable for parking tickets, towing, storage costs, etc., unless you can establish that you sent in the right paperwork - even if the new owner is at fault for the tickets. Contact the DMV to find out how to force him to transfer title. Get this cleared up fast or it can get real expensive, real fast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.