Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I donated my VW today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
I did somehting tday that I hope helps the less fortunate. Just hope
I didn't screw them up.

Gave the Salvation Army (my choice) my 97 Passat GLX. I hope that what has ben a bain to me will be a help to them. In its 78k miles, and eleven years, it has been a money pit! Thankfully, all is working right now. Pity the poor slob who buys it at auction.

Regardless, a good chairty will benefit. And, I'll sleep better for not having it.
mikelsr
Pat, helping the Salvation Army is always good. They were there for us providing coffee, drinks, and food when the other agencies went home for the night. We try to help them yearly.
type47
i am driving a 96 passat and trying to keep it usable as long as possible. it has multiple issues, the latest is that the car failed emissions inspection due to the check engine light inoperative. turns out it was probably corrosion in the contact connections. i have been a vw fan most of my life. i looked at reliability reports while searching for my light solution and it was a consensus that vw has reliability problems. hope that porsche with its increases stake in vw will inprove that area.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 9 2008, 12:08 PM) *

i am driving a 96 passat and trying to keep it usable as long as possible. it has multiple issues, the latest is that the car failed emissions inspection due to the check engine light inoperative. turns out it was probably corrosion in the contact connections. i have been a vw fan most of my life. i looked at reliability reports while searching for my light solution and it was a consensus that vw has reliability problems. hope that porsche with its increases stake in vw will inprove that area.

I've had 8 VW's & loved the first seven. The last one has left me with such a foul taste that I'll probably never consider them again. Actually did consider VW briefly when finding a replacement for this Passat. VW's prices are through the roof & the warranty is wimpy. Doubt that they'll ever get me back. In mt opinion, BMW is the best German buy out there (though I've never had one). Priceey, but you pay nothing in maintenace for 4 years - that's worth a lot. Thought about BMW briefly, but the BMW drivers in my area of the country are the worst assholes out there & didn't want to be affiliated. Cayenne drivers (90% women) are just as bad in my area. Seriously doubt that any of them have ever OWNED anything in thier lives!
Pat
scotty b
BMW's are crap. Get a Volvo or a Benz and NEVER look at a BMW again. They USED to be great cars, now they're just another plastci, POS in my opinion. Try to change a timing belt and NOT have to change the fan blade, I swear they are built so that major components will break during minor repair. Water pumps are always fun too ar15.gif Fuch a BMW, book time on them is good though shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.