Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new to the forum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
the4ork
hi guys, a friend showed me this forum...

ive had my 914 for a while, great little car. unfortunately i need to sell it to finish up some other projects...

im working on a 91 vw GTi with a 1.8t 20v engine swap... bought a new spec stage2 clutch for it that went out on me, so i got the motor out and im doing a bigger turbo, and beefing up the bottom end with some forged rods and i'd like to throw an lsd in the trans.

also im rebuilding a 1.6 turbo diesel engine for my 82 jetta.

after those are done im definately getting another 914 to build up! i havent done any mods to mine, just some minor maintenance, i rebuilt the weber carbs it came with, fixed a couple leaks, tune-ups, had to tweak the carbs alot to get it to run good. ive never had a carburated motor so it was all new to me, my GTi has 034efi standalone on it (SOOO much easier to tweak, you dont have to get out, pop the hood, fiddle with anything and see if its better and repeat) but its been a good learning experience. a buddy of mine is into aircooled bugs and has been helped me getting the car running really well.

i really like the 914, i bought it from some kid and it dint run... cleaned it up a bunch and got it running good. now im hooked pray.gif 914

IPB Image
rktmn247
welcome.png Sorry you have to sell. Oh, and! thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
johannes
Welcome ! ...
Gint
QUOTE(the4ork @ Apr 9 2008, 03:19 AM) *
i really like the 914, i bought it from some kid and it dint run... cleaned it up a bunch and got it running good. now im hooked pray.gif 914
welcome.png

...but how come you're selling the 914?

Your 914 classified ad

BTW, can you use the smaller size photbucket image please? 800 or less is ideal. Thanks!
rick 918-S
welcome.png
Trevorg7
welcome.png

T
ConeDodger
Dude! Don't be a fool!!! Sell the VW. Oh wait they're both... Ummmm never mind.
welcome.png
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 9 2008, 05:10 AM) *

it's a '76 and he's in Kalifornia ... can you spell SMOG CERTIFICATE ??? shades.gif

welcome.png Andy
Gustl
welcome.png . . . from far, far away biggrin.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
jsayre914
biggrin.gif Yor 914 is like an investment, dont sell it befor it matures
welcome.png
KELTY360
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 9 2008, 11:12 AM) *

it's a '76 and he's in Kalifornia ... can you spell SMOG CERTIFICATE ??? shades.gif

confused24.gif Please edumacate me. How can you tell it's a '76 and not a '75? Strangely, his ad says it's a '72. screwy.gif

Oh, and welcome.png
Gint
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 9 2008, 12:12 PM) *

welcome.png Andy
So? I decent running 914 will pass smog with no problem.
the4ork
hey if my rabbit truck (shown in the background) can pass smog with 200k, 20 exhaust leaks and i havent done a tune-up on it in ages.... well it barely passed but it still made it!!! haha... i wasnt expeting it to pass at all because i thought for sure the cat was blown out and it had a million exhaust leaks... so i was just gonna get the fail paperwork and get my red sticker so i could still drive it.. but it passed tongue.gif

im going to sell my 914 for 2 reasons...

1. i have 2 projects i really need to finish
2. i want to build one from the ground up and i would feel bad taking an entiere 914 apart that runs/drives great. so im going to get one thats kinda beat up/dont run with a straight body and bring it "back to life" so to speak. my plan is 6cyl + turbo + megasquirt with all original body/interior + roll bar

there is a guy about 2hrs away selling 12 914's for $1000 and up, i'll probably pick one of those up
Gint
Cool. Get pics along the way... because...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 9 2008, 02:40 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 9 2008, 12:12 PM) *

welcome.png Andy
So? I decent running 914 will pass smog with no problem.

That's a joke, right? It usually takes a LOT of fiddling to get a '76 past the CA smog check, even with all the stuff there and working. The Cap'n
Gint
I can get a 74 bastard child 2056 through smog here running carbs. Surely you can do it in CA with stock FI installed.
SirAndy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 9 2008, 11:02 AM) *

confused24.gif Please edumacate me. How can you tell it's a '76 and not a '75? Strangely, his ad says it's a '72. screwy.gif

the '76 front bumper had the little "tits", the '75 did not.

i know his ad says '72, but the moveable pass. seat and the '76 bumper say otherwise.

i don't think i've ever met anybody who "updated" their early car with the late model bumpers ...
shades.gif Andy
JPB
To sell a good running and complete 914 is just a bunch of 4orking around bro. Why? Whyyyy??

Okay, I've been looking for a Caddy myself heheheheh.beer.gif
gopack
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 9 2008, 05:56 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 9 2008, 11:02 AM) *

the '76 front bumper had the little "tits", the '75 did not.

i know his ad says '72, but the moveable pass. seat and the '76 bumper say otherwise.

i don't think i've ever met anybody who "updated" their early car with the late model bumpers ...
shades.gif Andy

MY 72 has an adjustable passenger seat. i think that 72 was the transition year for that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.