Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about swapping to "mini starter"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mystic914
O.K. what am I missing here? 76 914-4 2.0 I am getting ready to replace my less than eager starter with the high torque ebay mini starter. Bosch solenoind has two spade terminals, one presumably from ingnition switch and a second. Mini starter only has 1.. confused24.gif ..?

Disclosure - Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but electrical is not my strength..

Thanks, Jim

Edit:

Sorry about the quick repost after only an hour but I mis-stated my question in the first.

I got a new high torque starter to replace my lazy Bosch. Currently the Bosch has two spade terminals on the solenoid (lets say top and bottom)both have leads going to them from seperate harnesses. (This is aside from the battery connection of course). But the new starter (ebay mini starter) only has one spade terminal...
So now I have two spade leads and only one terminal. confused24.gif Any help from someone who has done this swap out or anyone who knows more than I do about electrical...this would be most of you.

Thanks in advance, Jim
SLITS
No worries, you only use one anyway.

Some solenoids they are tied together and some are not.

You ain't missin' nuthin.
mystic914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 9 2008, 07:13 PM) *

O.K. but right now the bosch starter has leads going to both top and bottom spade terminals. Each lead comes from a seperate harness. So i've got two leads and one terminal...??

Thanks, Jim
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mystic914 @ Apr 9 2008, 07:33 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 9 2008, 07:13 PM) *

O.K. but right now the bosch starter has leads going to both top and bottom spade terminals. Each lead comes from a seperate harness. So i've got two leads and one terminal...??

Thanks, Jim

That ain't normal.

Here's a drawing I made a while back on how to hook up the starter wiring.

Click to view attachment

What color is the extra wire??
Gint
You can edit your ow posts BTW. So if you need to add or change some things you can. I edited your initial post to include the stuff from your second thread and then deleted the other one.
mystic914
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 9 2008, 11:14 PM) *

You can edit your ow posts BTW. So if you need to add or change some things you can. I edited your initial post to include the stuff from your second thread and then deleted the other one.

Thanks for the heads up on that.
mystic914
Thanks for the drawing Clay. I will check it out tomorrow. Got too late and I tucked her in for the night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.