Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Long Beach Gran Prix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericread
I visited the Long Beach on Monday (April 7) and took a few photos of the track and pace cars. Danger, there are a number of Toyotas shown herein (shield your eyes).

The Pit area:
Click to view attachment

Pacecars:
Click to view attachment

Incredibly handsome guy near the Pacecars:
Click to view attachment

Toyota Race Central:
Click to view attachment

Pro-Am Race Cars:
Click to view attachment

More photos in the next post...
ericread
More GPLB Setup Photos:

Drift Race Cars:
Click to view attachment

Race Track Back Stretch:
Click to view attachment

Another Back Stretch Photo:
Click to view attachment

Front Stretch (Wide sweeping turn to the Start/Finish Line):
Click to view attachment

Start/Finish Line (taken from inside my 914):
Click to view attachment
ericread
Final GPLB Setup Photos. Please note that these pictures were all taken from inside my 914 by my lovely bride of 30 years, Sandy:

Approaching the Toyota Pedestrian Bridge:
Click to view attachment

Approaching the Imperial Bank Pedestrian Bridge:
Click to view attachment

Turning on the speed - Shoreline Drive:
Click to view attachment

Approaching the Toyota Pedestrian Bridge from the Pit Area:
Click to view attachment

The Race Steward (Start/Finish Flag) tower as seen frmo the Pit Area:
Click to view attachment

I will be posting pictures each evening of race week (yay!)
championgt1
Cool pictures. Here is to hoping the former CHAMP car guys can put the beating on the IRL regulars. beerchug.gif
Spoke
The IRL guys are running in Motegi Japan this weekend and the Champ Car guys will be in LB. The CC guys will use their just-purchased-last-year DP01 chassis one last time at LB before they all become huge paper weights, door stops, and lobby decorations.

I believe Honda was willing to move the Motegi date to the fall but the FIA wouldn't allow the race to be held within a month of the F1 Japanese GP.
Mrs. K
I'll be there Fri, Sat, & Sunday biggrin.gif

ericread, are you going too? bye1.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
ericread
You bet. I've got tickets in Section 29 Row 1 Seat 4! Top of the bleachers directly in front of the start/finish line. I am kind of expecting the Champ car drivers to give this everything they've got. The cars are never to be used again, and it is the very last Champ Car race ever. Ought to be some great racing. But the real reason I'm going is for the ALMS races. I took a week off of work to attend, so I'm pretty stoked!

We ought to make some arrangements to get all of the forum members that are attending the races together. It would be great to meet you in person bye1.gif
Scott Carlberg
Would any of you like to see the Indy Car series CHANGE, and move to the TurboCharged cars like the Champ Car series ran?

I don't care for tony george, at all. However, I did just read something in AutoWeek that he apparently said...
He wants to look into Changing the Name of the series, thinking that the indy racing league has some negative overtures.

He (apparently) said something about the Indy Car World Series, harking back to the day when the series was REALLY hot.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(ericread @ Apr 10 2008, 02:25 AM) *

You bet. I've got tickets in Section 29 Row 1 Seat 4! Top of the bleachers directly in front of the start/finish line.

We ought to make some arrangements to get all of the forum members that are attending the races together. It would be great to meet you in person bye1.gif

Aaawww..........start finish line man eh? biggrin.gif

I like to sit near the action in grandstand 6, also up high, row 5 driving-girl.gif

From there we can see them coming out of the straight, into turn one,
where there is always a ton of *action*, especially on the first lap or the green after a yellow......... shades.gif
We also get to see them after they have gone around the aquarium fountain and parking garage, where they come flying back down the straight in front of grand stands 5, 6, & 7.........and then head into turn 3 & 4..........great location beerchug.gif

And my favorite Champ car driver is going to drive one more race since it's the
last Champ Car only race.........Jimmy Vasser wub.gif

He's way cool! I've had the pleasure to meet him every year for 12 years running biggrin.gif

We should all meet up and say hi on Friday or Sat..........Sunday,....... toooooo crowded!

bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.