Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Bug issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Loser_Cruiser
I was with my neighbor today and he said he was having issues with his belt and generator. Apparently he lost an oil cooler seal, and since we are up at school we aren't allowed to work on our cars in the parking lot, so he had it repair by the shop. Well that was two months ago. Now his generator is making noises and we took a look and saw that the generator is sitting farther forward towards the front of the car than the crank pulley. What could be missing or causeing this.
Cap'n Krusty
Wrong tin. Wrong generator. Wrong pulley. The Cap'n
Rick_Eberle
As above...

OR, the fan shroud has gone OVER the cylinder shrouds at the rear, instead of INTO.
There is a cheese-head screw on each side of the fan shroud, where it goes into the cylinder shroud.

Loosen the generator clamp, take off the fanbelt, and jiggle the fan shroud until it pops into place... the generator should then be flat on the generator stand.
Loser_Cruiser
ok, thanks guys I will go check tomorrow, hopefully the property nazi's don't have a power trip. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.