Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'HELP'914 newbie - retrofit of new style fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
P.Rocket
New to the land of 914's. My '74 2.0 fuel pump puked fuel out over the winter. The old style seems like a poor set-up and location (fire hazard?). Also they seem a little rare to find for a reasonable price.
Just curious if anyone one has some information on installing a new style pump upto the fuel tank location. I would like to achieve this and have it look somewhat OEM. So if you have any ideas or location pics for me, that would be a big help.
I've been told that the '75 and '76 models ran this set-up and have a cover plate in the front trunk.
Thanks for any input you can forward.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Auto Atlanta and others have a fuel pump relocation kit available,contains

every thing you will need except the fuel pump, ( page 44 ) $55.00 A.A. has rebuilt Fuel

pumps also $185.00.( page 43 ) Altho I have run mine since 2000 with it in the stock

location with only a problem once. Post here in the Parts F/S and I am sure

someone will have a good F. Pump for Sale. welcome.png You came to the right place!

Dave slap.gif
ejm
Couple of pics of the late fuel pump location

type47
one thing that is can think of about your project of moving the FP up front is the plastic fuel lines that run through the tunnel between the seats. with the FP in the stock (70-74) location, the FP sucks the fuel through the plastic lines thus the lines are under low pressure. if the FP is relocated to the front, the FP pushes fuel through the plastic fuel lines thus the lines are under high pressure. the plastic lines, if original, are >30 yr old so may not hold up under high pressure. moral is: if you're going to relocate FP, install SS fuel lines also. (search this site for stainless steel fuel lines)
P.Rocket
Great info and pics so far guys, thanks for that. Anyone else that has anything to add, much appreciated.

Cheers! beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.