Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark Plug Tool..snake?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Is there a special tool that you carb guys use to pull your plugs? My big bore motor just arrived and the intake manifolds make pulling the plugs not very easy with conventional entensions and swivels. I never had this issue with my 1.8 becuasue of the spark plug locations...anyway, what tool and where's a good place to pick one up?Thanks...
race914
Here's an example of the type tool that might help.

Summit Racing

IPB Image

Others here may have other brands too...
rhodyguy
cb talls for the intakes? for some plugs it's a short exstension others a long. as you run them out i've had to remove the rachet after loosening. i need to find a plug socket that locks on the exstension in some fashion. duct taping them together to keep from loosing the socket gets old.

k
SLITS
IPB Image

This tool works just fine .... but I dumped all the carbed cars I have .... works great on /6s too.
r_towle
I use a piece of fuel line jammed onto the plug to start it and to remove it .
I only use the socket to torque it down, or break the initial bond...
Then fuel hose.

This way I can wiggle the socket and extension on and off without loosing the plug or the extension.
I also removed the inner rubber of the socket so I dont have to fight with it.

Rich
computers4kids
Thanks for the tips...I'll have to see what my FLAPS has. Never realized how tight those intakes can make it. Kevin...I think they are talls, I don't have much personal background with carbs and 2ltr case motors. I'll have to post a pic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.