Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where to get metal for my 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mein_tag
Hi i resently got my first real project. a 72' 914 for $200. biggrin.gif when i got it; it was sanded down from trunk to trunk and primed only the extior. it's pretty solid on the longs but the floors are pretty bad. and the engine room.. it's even missing the battery tray.. huh.gif well i am very new at this, and am wondering should i do replacement sheet metal parts, or should craft them?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we manufacture most of the stuff you will need
ericread
welcome.png

The smart people will chime in here pretty soon. Until then, welcome!
McMark
Restoration Design makes a bunch of it as well.
ericread
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 10 2008, 10:46 AM) *

Restoration Design makes a bunch of it as well.

I thought that a lot of posts here agreed that Restoration Design made really good parts, but getting delivery of the parts was pretty iffy? Maybe somebody can chime in with more updated information.

I know that George has done a good job in providing parts (AutoAtlanta), and I thought there were a couple of people in the "Member Vendor" forum that had some metal available.

Just make sure you feel comfortable in dealing with the seller before you buy, unless timliness is not a big issue.

Eric

sean_v8_914
Ive heard both comments about both vendors. I have ordered from them and had good experiences. George is easier to get a hold of and his 914 knowledge is top notch. AA has made major contributions to the preservation of the 914
r_towle
Call both vendors. See who has what you need in stock, buy it.

Rich
Joe Owensby
I agree. I have bought from both vendors, with good service from both. I purchased the more complicated pieces like floor pans and engine shelf. I made some of the simpler things like thresholds, seat mounts, etc. If you have the cash, the parts from these vendors fits very well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.