Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photochop help for me too please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
byndbad914
I saw his thread and that was pretty amazing what you guys can do! Soooo, I have had a paint scheme idea for mine for years now (since I was a kid really, I always wanted to paint a car one of two ways - one was flat black which is WWWAAAYYY played out these days to the point of lame).

Unfortunately my other idea somehow has become fashion as well - everyone laughed at me when I was a teenager and wanted to do this - I either want the car 2-tone semi flat black with flat army green on top half, or the whole thing army green with a black strip on the bottom that comes up say just under the front bumper and goes back to the rear. The wing would be black as is now, the wheels are the same with black anodized centers and chrome halves (gotta have some chrome!). Chrome trim to stay as I have on the car as well.

So, could I get a couple paint schemes modeled on mine please???? For the two-tone, make the parting line follow the roll at the top of door and

paint scheme that is essentially what I always wanted to do recently done by HotRod

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
please sample the green from the top half of the truck below - just use the existing semi-flat black as the black (I would do the green in semi-flat now to match). I posted this as this is as close to theme for the lower 6" strip and general idea of war-horse smile.gif

My car of course (another post to come for different angles)
Click to view attachment
byndbad914
Click to view attachment

I don't have a better rear iso shot than this, hopefully it can work.

Click to view attachment
byndbad914
two tone I thought was cool to get an idea of how the top color comes down on the door to a natural body line, the runs front to rear....

Click to view attachment
byndbad914
so for the 2-tone, I envision the green starting at the turn signal, top center and then following out to the door body line, over the rear fender and then to the signal top (so the whole trunk lid is green right down to the signals). Then from bottom center of the signal, follow the top of the "bumper" line in the sheridan kit around to the other signal.

edit - use your feel for this actually. The front bumper line actually goes to the outside of the turn signal, so maybe better to make the color follow around the signal just a bit to meet up with the body line on the fender better. I dunno...
Rand
I love it!! I planned on painting my 914 satin black for quite a while, then got to thinking about a two tone with drab green when I saw the color Todd put on this one: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-...-1207250322.jpg

I think this would be awesome, especially on a big power beast that fits the attitude.

Can't wait to see the results from this thread. I'll play with the Photochopping sometime this weekend if nothing else turns up in the mean time.

byndbad914
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 10 2008, 04:33 PM) *

I love it!! I planned on painting my 914 satin black for quite a while, then got to thinking about a two tone with drab green when I saw the color Todd put on this one: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-...-1207250322.jpg

I think this would be awesome, especially on a big power beast that fits the attitude.

Can't wait to see the results from this thread. I'll play with the Photochopping sometime this weekend if nothing else turns up in the mean time.

Cool, thanks Rand! Yep, that looks a bit like olive drab, which I go back and forth between olive drab, army green (which is a lighter, more gray-ish green that you can get in rattle cans at Wal-Mart which is how I painted the car currently), and then the green that is the upper half of that truck.

I will edit my post above, but I would like the color of green to be the top half of the truck. Actually the two tone green looks really cool too, but I plan to use rockguard black paint on the bottom. You should see my rear fenders after only 6 track days! They have DEEP chips in them almost to the top of the wheelwell from the front slicks chucking rocks at 135mph...
turtleturtle
Hard to get the green correct....

IPB Image
bdstone914
Super fast horrible stab at it.
byndbad914
hey guys... I proof-read my post about 2-tone a couple times and I just couldn't make it clear, so hopefully this will help with what I see as a parting lines. The first is to have most of the car black with the top green. The second is a bottom strip of the car is black, at the height up to the bottom of the front bumper, then the rest green from there up.

The wing is always black.

two tone follows top of bumper line, and around the signals, up to the body line thru the door just above the door handle, then follows the line to the rear and terminates at the top of the light cluster
Click to view attachment

I scribbled the bottom section black, everything from there up is green except the wing.
Click to view attachment
Rand
I love the line on your first one. That's what I was imagining. I was also thinking about dipping down a little on the door - between the fenders. Not sure if there is a curve that would look good there, but I'll play with it too.
byndbad914
thanks Rand, and I actually came back to say thanks for the first two renderings too from bd and turtle. I tend to forget to say thanks!! My bad on the description and I see how you both went right to center on the signals (when I meant center top and bottom and then decided I didn't even want my own description hahaha).

beer.gif

BTW, I have no idea how hard or easy what I am asking for is, so if I am just asking too much, lemme know. I just assume anything is possible with photochop as I know nothing about it laugh.gif

Rand - I just wasn't sure where a good line would be other than the only body line on the car there right above the door handle. Feel free to mess with my idea all you want and post 'em here too. More ideas the better. I will be painting with rattle cans and masking tape, so I can put a line anywhere hahahahah werd w00t.gif

edit - I bet it would look good with a green just like the WCR08 logo at the bottom of this page!! I just noticed black and green, which, I mean, really, are like chocolate and peanut butter IMO, just don't get much better. Look how good that logo looks!
scotty b
Break the two colors with a dark red stripe thumb3d.gif I htink it would look cool as shit if that "neon green "stripe you made was a dark red, below that was flat or matte black, and above was the O.D. green aktion035.gif My truck is becoming your car rolleyes.gif
turtleturtle
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 10 2008, 08:39 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Break the two colors with a dark red stripe thumb3d.gif I htink it would look cool as shit if that "neon green "stripe you made was a dark red, below that was flat or matte black, and above was the O.D. green aktion035.gif My truck is becoming your car rolleyes.gif
[/quote]

That is what I was actually going to do to mine. My top half was going to be a normal green, bottom black, and the center is going to have a big "Z" that was red to devide the green ann black, just like the new Interstate Batteries logo.

IPB Image
jimkelly
my entry
scotty b
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Apr 10 2008, 07:06 PM) *

my entry

confused24.gif Where poke.gif
turtleturtle
Stupid blue lines would not go away sad.gif sad.gif

IPB Image
byndbad914
Hey Jim, can you make the whole hood, headlights and eyebrows black and sail black - in other words more or less invert the 2 tone?

Scott - yeah a stripe to break up the two would be cool fo' sho' but that would require real effort on my part when the rattlecans come out hahaha.

I liked the rendering on your truck idea. I would think it would look cool to black out the running boards to match all the black on the scheme elsewhere confused24.gif
So.Cal.914
smile.gif
Click to view attachment
byndbad914
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 10 2008, 07:40 PM) *

Paul - that follows the lines the best so far, very cool. Can you make it a dark green by swapping the color selection to match the Camaro??

I am realizing the truck top may be too light from that image - seems a bit too much contrast maybe. This photochop stuff is awesome! It can really give me an idea of how good, or bad my idea is going to look!

edit... sorry, oh yeah, is it easy to swap the colors, so green goes bottom and black goes to top??
So.Cal.914
OK...I looked all over my Photoshop, but I just couldn't find the 'Magic Color

Clickie-Changie Button. Maybe someone with more experience can find it. So I did

it the old way. Do get back to me if you hear anymore about that 'Magic Clickie-

Changie Button'.Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

byndbad914
awesome, already lookin' mo betta with the darker green!

Like Jim's copy if the F-bomb scheme too, including the black wheels. I luvs all black wheels too (as you guys would've seen, my previous set were all black steelies) but will have a HARD time painting over those nice polished halves pinch.gif if I go with green on the lower, black on top.

Gonna order some carbon fiber louvers for the hood and roof too, so the hood will be solid just as SoCal filled in the hole. (The louvers will be painted to match - not all ricer ghetto CF showing, just CF cuz that is all that is available in the sizes I want) so the schemes shown will still apply for sure.

So, anybody know the magic color swap button??
So.Cal.914
smile.gif
Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I like that one biggrin.gif Nice work Paul.
jimkelly
edited
byndbad914
Paul and Jim - thanks a million!! Actually, I like the both of the last ones, so definitely the green is on the bottom. Now just to decide how I want to split it, then wait for a few months until the weather in CO is consistent and paint. The blacked out wheels look awesome too... dammit... laugh.gif

CO is trip v. anywhere else I have lived for weather fluctuations! The weekend was in the 60s thru Tues, then SNOWS Wed and in the 40s at best, in the 40s right now and supposed to be 60s this weekend again (at least it is saving it for the weekends!)

I have the car in a car show this Saturday at CU-Boulder so better be nice smile.gif

edit - making a poll for four images, but if anyone wants to post more ideas in this thread, feel free! The poll isn't necessarily a final decision...
byndbad914
I feel lame to keep asking, but it is killing me and someone else asked how it would look too... is there a way to please get the dark green color from Jim's in place of the lighter colors, on top of Paul's??

So this image with the dark green
Click to view attachment

Sorry for asking so many favors... I will try to make this my last one I promise smile.gif
So.Cal.914

Sorry for asking so many favors... I will try to make this my last one I promise

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
byndbad914
thanks Paul!!! beerchug.gif
Todd Enlund
Comcast had an outage here yesterday afternoon until this morning, so I'm sorry I missed out on the fun sad.gif

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 10 2008, 09:54 PM) *

OK...I looked all over my Photoshop, but I just couldn't find the 'Magic Color

Clickie-Changie Button. Maybe someone with more experience can find it. So I did

it the old way. Do get back to me if you hear anymore about that 'Magic Clickie-

Changie Button'.

You might already know this, but:

If you do your colors as layers, set the blending mode to "overlay", "hue" or "color" to get the results that you want. To change the color, hit [ctrl+u] (or Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation) and mark the checkbox that says "Colorize"... then play with the sliders. Some colors may require duplicate layers, blending modes and opacities.

Image>Adjustments>Replace Color can be effective.

When changing colors, always save your selections so that you can come back and do it again.

There is also the paint bucket tool biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.