Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 1.8L L-jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zonedoubt
Can someone with a 1975 1.8L with stock L-jet fuel injection post a few pics of their engine bay so I can get an idea of where the components go. I'm planning to replace the carbs the the P/O installed with the fuel injection parts that came in a box.

I have the Pete Klager diagram which is very helpful but not sure if it's specific to 1975 L-jet. Some colour photos would definitely help.
tod914
aaa

Click to view attachment
tod914
aa
Click to view attachment
Cevan
Here are two of my '75 1.8. I have removed the de-accel valve and charcoal box on mine.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cevan
Here are two more. If you PM your e-mail address, I can send the fullsize photos so you can zoom in.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Rav914
Nice looking motor. Sorry to highjack but does the removal of the intake box improve performance?
ejm
popcorn[1].gif
jesiv
Chris,

How did you get the blue to mount or what part # blue did you get. The new one I got was too small in diameter to use the stock coil bracket.

Regards,

James

QUOTE(Cevan @ Apr 10 2008, 06:28 PM) *

Here are two more. If you PM your e-mail address, I can send the fullsize photos so you can zoom in.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

zonedoubt
Those pics are going to help a lot. Thanks!
Cevan
QUOTE(jesiv @ Apr 10 2008, 11:20 PM) *

Chris,

How did you get the blue to mount or what part # blue did you get. The new one I got was too small in diameter to use the stock coil bracket.

That is how it was set up when I bought the car. I actually have a new coil coming today and I hope it is the same diameter or I'll be fabricating a bracket.

Nice looking motor. Sorry to highjack but does the removal of the intake box improve performance?

Absolutely, at least .25hp. biggrin.gif
I had the K&N air filter sitting on a shelf. I had an extra air intake sensor and realized that the flange on the elbow side fit the filter so I removed the flange and bolted it to the AIS on the motor, made a brace for the sensor and it fit perfectly in the engine compartment.

I'm still sorting out what appears to be an intermittent electrical problem (which I hope a new coil, points, and condensor resolve the issue) and I replaced the junky HEs with 2.0 SSI HEs. Those are what I chalk up the increase in power to.
r_towle
Chris, sharp looking motor. Did you rebuild that?
That is super clean.

Rich
sean_v8_914
I used some bicycle tube material to create a gromet to take up teh slack in teh smaller dia blue coil
Cevan
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 11 2008, 09:37 AM) *

Chris, sharp looking motor. Did you rebuild that?
That is super clean.

Rich

Rebuild?? Ha! No, the motor runs great (56k miles on it). I do want to build a 2056 though.

I wanted to pull the motor to clean up the engine bay and replace the pushrod tube seals. So the inevitable happened and "while you're in there" you might as well pull the tin off clean the cylinders, repaint the tin, replace the fuel lines and non-FI clamps, replace missing or broken grommets, etc, etc. I also put SSI HEs on it that Ed hooked me up with.
type47
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 11 2008, 07:55 AM) *

I used some bicycle tube material to create a gromet to take up teh slack in teh smaller dia blue coil

i made a small wood block to fit under the coil to take up the slack....
pedrok
Hi,
I am trying to find the pcv valve on my 1975 L-jet, do you have a close photo where it goes?

Thanks!

Pedro
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.