Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 heads are modified for the smaller spark plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
i'm looking for the best plug to run. the heads are 2.0 units that have been modified by LH for the smaller plug. they didn't come with any plugs to referance, so i've got no starting point. what do any of you run? whats your heat and gap? i'ts a 2056 with a 9550 cam 8.2:1, d-jet, pertronix ignition and s/s exhaust. it'll be accasion use and driven in the hot central valley area of ca.

mike
Mark Henry
NGK DPR8EA-9 I also think there's a cross ref without the R (resistor) in the code.

Gap depends on coil, around stock gap with blue coil, bigger with higher discharge systems.
Al Meredith
I'm running the same engine , mine is about 9+/1 and Jake sent me NGK #DP8EA.
You will love this engine combo, Mine is in a 912E and it pulls very strong. I am running carbs that may change the heat range but I doubt it. Al

Jake or Len may want to come in if I gave the wrong plug #
Mark Henry
Yep it's the same number with out the "R", if you get radio interference get the ones I said. I’ve tried them both, seat of the pants I couldn’t tell any difference.
Joe Owensby
Same number. These are available at motorcycle dealers, if you can't find them elsewhere.
Jake Raby
Thats the best plug I have found... I use them in most any application and CR with great results.

I do sell them in the store if you can't find them locally.
orange914
thanks all, it's possible i may have the engine/trans ready for install this W.E. if all goes as planned smile.gif ... rarely never does though! mad.gif

mike
Dominic
QUOTE(orange914 @ Apr 10 2008, 09:20 PM) *

thanks all, it's possible i may have the engine/trans ready for install this W.E. if all goes as planned smile.gif ... rarely never does though! mad.gif

mike

Mike,
You can get those NGK plugs at any NAPA auto parts store (best price I found) if they don't have them in stock, they can order them and you will have them in a day or two.
Dominic
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.