Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone know weber 34 ICT carbs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
the4ork
the car runs great!!! when you got your foot in it...

but im having a hell of a time getting it to idle smoothe...

if your familiar with them please help me out...

i have to have the idle mixture all the way out almost, and the speed screw cranked in pretty good to get an idle... but this keeps it about 2k rpm, this is the only way to get a reliable idle...

to get it down to about 900 i have to back out the idle jets from the carb, the big brass ones on the top side of the carb, with the o-ring... but if you back them out they move around while your driving and then the idles all screwed up again...

im thinking my idle jets are too small, which is why backing them out helps... i think they are .52? jets i'll have to double check...

but does it sound like im on the right track? and where the heck would i get jets for those things?

also i pulled the plugs out and they are a little white, maybe i should get bigger idle and main jets?
Trevorg7
I can tell you know more than me already but I too run 34ict. I can tell you that my car idles at 1100, once warm, and is very smooth. Anything lower than 1k and it's rough.

T
sean_v8_914
do you have the balance tube between left/right manifolds?
Elliot Cannon
Pull the idle jets out and see if they are clogged with something. You might need a magnifying lens. I'm having the same symptoms with my 44idf. One of the idle jets on one of the carbs keeps clogging and I can't figure out why. New tank, lines and filters.

Elliot
SirAndy
QUOTE(the4ork @ Apr 10 2008, 07:34 PM) *

the car runs great!!! when you got your foot in it...

but im having a hell of a time getting it to idle smoothe...

a single carb, i presume? if so, you'll have to live with the rough idle or set the idle high enough for it to smooth out ...

there's a reason why those are nicknamed "boat anchors" ...
shades.gif Andy
reverie
Are they like these ones? Dual 34 ICTs with 29mm venturis..

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=502
the4ork
QUOTE(reverie @ Apr 11 2008, 12:56 AM) *

Are they like these ones? Dual 34 ICTs with 29mm venturis..

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=502

yeah their like those, and yeah the balance tube is hooked up.

i pulled the jets out and sprayed them out with carb cleaner...

can you guys tell me what size yours are?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

The 34 Ict's Are really to small for your engine, I have ran on my 1.7 all 3 kinds

of Carbs, 1. Single Carb, Andy's right BOAT ANCHOR, 2. 34ICT's , To small,ran

better than Single Carb , but was really restricted both low end and top. So slow

i felt it was dangerous, needed lots of room to pass,and such. 3. Weber 40's,

run great like stink, much faster all around, Get these!!!!! You will love them.

On your missing, is it under 3,000 RPM,and above that it clears out? If that is the

case,it,s the idle jets, just remove them clean out,and your back in bussness.

In any case think about getting rid of the 34 ICT's you will be a very happy
camper . My 2 cents. Dave slap.gif
sww914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 10 2008, 10:30 PM) *

Pull the idle jets out and see if they are clogged with something. You might need a magnifying lens. I'm having the same symptoms with my 44idf. One of the idle jets on one of the carbs keeps clogging and I can't figure out why. New tank, lines and filters.

Elliot

I figured out why on mine. The fuel bowls were full of crap. Take the tops of the carbs off and see if yours are dirty too.
Al Meredith
Are these the carbs that have the electrical cut off valves on the side . Mine has a solenoid opperated idle jet. You must connect 12 volts to a spade connector on the solenoid that is about 1/2" round and 1 1/4" long. Al
rhodyguy
go buy the cbperformance weber book. the 34 ICTs are covered nicely on pages 94-98. operation, component identification, circuit cutaways and a dandy exploded view.

elliot, sounds like everything is nice and clean except the float bowls.

k
Mark Henry
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 11 2008, 02:37 AM) *

there's a reason why those are nicknamed "boat anchors" ...
shades.gif Andy

They're not not even any good for an anchor unless you have around 20 in a pail.

They always have bad idle, always have a flat spot and always a pile of stromberg.gif

the4ork
yeah... i'll try and spray them out some more...

like i said when i have my foot in it... it runs good, but when i dont it just will either not idle, or has to idle around 3k rpm

also my plugs are looking a little on the lean side... i'd like to see a nice brown color, but im getting a bleached tan/white color...

cb performance is only like a 30 min drive so maybe ill make it over there one day this week
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.