Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bremerton AX Sat 4/12
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Hi Guys,
Sat is supposed to be a real nice day. How many can come by with your cars?
I will be there in the morning. Hope to see a lot of you there also.
Tom
messix
Me! biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
I'm a little bummed. My car's not finished yet and I don't know if it will be ready tomorrow sad.gif

If my car's not maybe I can drive Tim's
messix
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 10 2008, 11:05 PM) *

I'm a little bummed. My car's not finished yet and I don't know if it will be ready tomorrow sad.gif

If my car's not maybe I can drive Tim's

no!!! you'll be pulling a all nighter!!!!

do you need help?
PeeGreen 914
Well, if it is finished I will be pulling an all nighter, but at this time I am not sure it will be. I am going to talk to Tim to see if I can race his car if mine is not finished. His car is a euro 2.0l with all the suspension mods you could want. In many ways his car is easier to drive than mine.
DNHunt
I may run up for a shake down in the morning. Definately not ready to run.

Dave
effutuo101
can somebody post directions? It has been a couple of years since I went down there.
rhodyguy
get across the narrows bridge and bring the $3 toll (i call it the "HUNT TAX") for the drive back to tacoma. drive up 16 towards bremerton. note, about 5 miles north of gig harbor the speed on 16 drops to 50mph at a cross road, burley/ollala. SLOW DOWN! wsp loves to write tickets. forward, and take the clifton/tremont exit. turn left after you exit. go forward on clifton for maybe 5 miles or so. take a left on sunny slope (you will see a texaco station that no longer sells fuel so don't go on a real low tank). take the next immediate right at the texaco. go forward and the road will deliver you to the track. the pca always urges drivers to drive the speed limit going thru the residential area prior to the track. if you take the edmonds boat, go thru b-ton and gorst and take the same clifton/tremont exit but turn right. i may drive up while waiting for the lawn to dry out for the first big mow.

k
effutuo101
ask and you shall recieve! Thanks Kevin!
DNHunt
Don't hang the bridge toll on me. I voted against the thing. The problem was the lines for the voting district were gerimandered to make sure it passed.

Having said that The new bridge is great and I'll pay my toll for the convience.

effutuo101
All we hang on you is a kicken new motor and the expectation to see it. biggrin.gif
I am still sorting out my ride, so, if I can make it, I will be on my bike.
Tolls don't bother me. Living in the bay area meant at least $10 a day in tolls to get around.
messix
chris you wanna follow me down? i've got it plugged into gps, an i'm heading down about 7-7:30.
effutuo101
Maybe, give me a call this afternoon and we can talk about it.
PeeGreen 914
A nice way to go is the ferry. I catch the 6:00, but I also help set up course. It will be great to see you all down there. I just hope my car is ready sad.gif Well Dave, My car should be ready for you when you are ready to go. I am putting in my 2.4l soon. I think it just arrived.
dinomium
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Apr 11 2008, 08:45 AM) *

Don't hang the bridge toll on me. I voted against the thing. The problem was the lines for the voting district were gerimandered to make sure it passed.

Having said that The new bridge is great and I'll pay my toll for the convience.

I voted for it JUST to piss some people off! Aint I a stinker?
I am going to try to at least show for a visit and maybe run if they will let me...

driving.gif
championgt1
I will be there. Still no car though! mad.gif
914werke
Danm, beauty of a day today took the bike out to go nowhere smilie_pokal.gif
would have loved to go out there tomorrow but already had plans w/my boy
Dave if you go, hook up with Jon and he can pass me those bits.
& yup I do need that top nut thanks again.

R.
DNHunt
Yep, I'll try to hook up . They are on my workbench

Dave
rhodyguy
gotta go to the nursing home to see mom. gotta do a ton of yard work. woke up the silver car after its winters nap yesterday, gotta drop the engine sad.gif headbang.gif . too much, no time for play.

k
DNHunt
Poor Jim Watts. On the way back he got pulled over trying to keep up. It pays to be out front. I hope he told the state bull "I was just trying to keep up with the silver car." We made it home OK. I'm no hero, we didn't stop. Fun to see you guys.

Hey Kev I'm sorry to hear about your mom. We had my mom in a home a month and a half ago. It was no fun for us and hell for her. I hope your mom gets better soon. What's up with the car?. I can lend a hand Wednesday.

Dave
JimW
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Apr 12 2008, 06:56 PM) *

Poor Jim Watts. On the way back he got pulled over trying to keep up. It pays to be out front. I hope he told the state bull "I was just trying to keep up with the silver car." We made it home OK. I'm no hero, we didn't stop. Fun to see you guys.

Hey Kev I'm sorry to hear about your mom. We had my mom in a home a month and a half ago. It was no fun for us and hell for her. I hope your mom gets better soon. What's up with the car?. I can lend a hand Wednesday.

Dave

Dave
That was a Kitsap Sheriff that pulled me over he was not impressed with our entrance onto 16 he said I was following you to close. He gave me a soberity test and let me go no ticket. So all is well. Same Sheriff pulled me over back in January I had a tail light out.

Jim
DNHunt
Well good on you then. Guess I'll have to give Gerry hell for leaving so many horses unused. He's still afraid he might break Dad's toy.

Anyway. I'm relieved
messix
i got down to 60and change with 1 cone. after fordahl took me and drove my car to a 56 and change with 1 cone.
had a blast!

and i have the honors of first spin of the day!
rhodyguy
strange noise. loose fan belt. tried to tighten it. the upper bracket/arm the alt pivots on wiggles like crazy. can't see it, but the nut that retains the top has backed way off or is absent. so...remove the drivers side carb, engine tin, etc, to get to it. in car is more trouble than it's worth. esp on reassem. i like doing the valves when the engine is out anyways. i'll see how my schedule works out this week. if i can finish up in silverdale by tues i'll pull the engine wed. gotta source a less stout carb return spring.

you guys all hit the 16 on ramp with your feet into it huh? i see the kitsap/wsp boys working the jackson side of the bridge to chico way every day. lucky you dopes didn't get the big 'comparing speed' writeup. that one is painful. you sure had the weather yest. anybody take any pictures of the cars and mountains?

k

dinomium
Kevin,
I hope your mom heals quickly, my mother was in th shop for awhile last year for that.

Great to see everybody trackside. The best was when Troy came back from his 'instructed' run and had to be told "that was Greg Fordahl" that had just ran with him. Troy is the best! Did you end up with top time in class?

I got home and now have the parts car in the back of my pick up!
Wifey is very happy!
rhodyguy
which parts car? av-943.gif i'll believe it when i see it. dry.gif we should discuss a plan for the house-o-cakes for next month.

k
dinomium
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 13 2008, 12:45 PM) *

which parts car? av-943.gif i'll believe it when i see it. dry.gif we should discuss a plan for the house-o-cakes for next month.

k

Yes, beeeeleebeeeb it! Five cars are parked in the driveway, only four spots!

I do like me some griddle kakes!

Where did the Flax go?
effutuo101
Ummm pancakes good. Must have pancakes.....Dino, you won the bet. I will buy your breakfast!
PeeGreen 914
Bet?.... what bet?

So if anyone is interested the results are up. I only mention this as to brag that I beat Tim in his own car by 2 seconds biggrin.gif

http://www.pnwr.org/Track/autocross/results/2008/autoX02.asp
rhodyguy
5? huh. ford, honda, ugmo, green car. what did you purchase?
effutuo101
Go Troy!
1 T Jim Madara 49 1989 Porsche 944 65.287 (0,0) 81.065 (3,0) 64.643 (0,0) 64.466 (0,0) 100.000
2 Troy Messick 192 1975 Porsche 914 110.230 (0,3) 76.730 (0,1) 64.782 (0,0) 72.254 (0,1) 99.512
3 Clayton Anderson 88 1988 Porsche 924S 78.899 (0,0) 72.130 (0,0) 69.742 (0,0) 67.694 (0,0) 95.231
rhodyguy
wow, 5 runs? must have been a light turn out. or the organizational aspect has been streamlined. right in the hunt on #3 troy. nice job.

k
championgt1
I think there were only 4 runs. Alot of cars out. Nice to see a bunch of 914s turn out. The only thing bad is that I am sunburnt badly.
dinomium
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Apr 14 2008, 12:14 AM) *

Ummm pancakes good. Must have pancakes.....Dino, you won the bet. I will buy your breakfast!

My Grandfather used to say "it's cheaper to pay that boy than to feed him!" but too late for you!

Kev, the parts car is in the bed of the truck all ready to go to Navy City Metals...
Tom
Jim,
That's why I went the back way at the corner. More curves and less law officers.
Good to see all of you guys, Thanks to Troy for the optional entertainment and the fine showing!
Till next time,
Tom
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 14 2008, 12:45 AM) *

Bet?.... what bet?

So if anyone is interested the results are up. I only mention this as to brag that I beat Tim in his own car by 2 seconds biggrin.gif

http://www.pnwr.org/Track/autocross/results/2008/autoX02.asp

Okay... as requested by someone for clarification... Tim's scratch time is better than mine but he hit a cone, and he is a very good driver... which is why I was bragging drunk.gif I am proud to be able to beat someone as talented as he is. I guess some people have to steal someones elses thunder eh sad.gif

beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Second place was still over 1.5 behind you.
Didnt Tim end up Third ?
PeeGreen 914
Yeah... He is generally right there with me. He just kept hitting cones.

Call me when you have a second if you would. I would like to talk to you about what I am considering onh the engine I am taking out.
6freak
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 14 2008, 08:34 PM) *

Didnt Tim end up Third ?

maybe if i wack a cone or two i could be as fast as Jon av-943.gif
effutuo101
QUOTE(dinomium @ Apr 14 2008, 09:08 AM) *

My Grandfather used to say "it's cheaper to pay that boy than to feed him!" but too late for you!

Kev, the parts car is in the bed of the truck all ready to go to Navy City Metals...

That may be true. However IHOP has all you can eat pancakes for 4.99 biggrin.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Apr 15 2008, 09:52 AM) *

QUOTE(dinomium @ Apr 14 2008, 09:08 AM) *

That may be true. However IHOP has all you can eat pancakes for 4.99 biggrin.gif

but the side of sides will KILL YA!

SOT, my wife Christine took the truckload of cut up 914 to the recycler AND gave me the cash!
She is the best!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 15 2008, 08:38 AM) *

Didnt Tim end up Third ?

No, you just need to get your suspension finished and then get use to it. You are a very smooth driver and in time you will have the seat time to know what it does. Did you notice that Mark Brown got a 50.8 on his fun run? He drove Tim's car. He drives very smooth like you do. He is a very good 914 driver and he is going to try to become an instructor. If he does you should have him ride with you and you ride with him. I know I am going to do that. I would love to learn how he does it.
J P Stein
It appears from the NWPCA website that there is an event at Packwood the weekend of July 5-6. Does anyone know if that is "on" for sure or what. It had been tentative part of the schedule.
PeeGreen 914
Yes, it is on;) I am going to try to go but my wife is due to have our daughter on the 9th.
rhodyguy
packwood=skate creek road! the best 17 mile drive in washington.
6freak
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 12 2008, 08:59 AM) *

gotta go to the nursing home to see mom. gotta do a ton of yard work. woke up the silver car after its winters nap yesterday, gotta drop the engine sad.gif headbang.gif . too much, no time for play.

k

I live close let me know if you need a hand with the motor drop.....I`m a good mechanic on tuesdays smash.gif I`m an excellent driver on thursdays driving.gif
6freak
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 16 2008, 06:32 AM) *

packwood=skate creek road! the best 17 mile drive in washington.

that road sucks with all the pot holes and frost heaves.When they repave it your right ........anyone been out there lately???
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 15 2008, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 15 2008, 08:38 AM) *

Didnt Tim end up Third ?

No, you just need to get your suspension finished and then get use to it. You are a very smooth driver and in time you will have the seat time to know what it does. Did you notice that Mark Brown got a 50.8 on his fun run? He drove Tim's car. He drives very smooth like you do. He is a very good 914 driver and he is going to try to become an instructor. If he does you should have him ride with you and you ride with him. I know I am going to do that. I would love to learn how he does it.

it just takes buckets O money for more parts...and thanks for the comliments
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.