Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPS Speedometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
keske968
No affiliation but I know there has been a lot of discussion about GPS speedometers in our cars. I have not used this one but thought that it was a neat idea.

http://www.9xauto.com/914.html

They have a GPS speedometer on the page.
Joe Bob
Pretty pricey....I just bought the VDO adjustable/electronic speedometer for my replica Speedster.

There's an electrical adapter that goes on the drive gear, then connects to the speedo.

Then I used the wife's Garmin GPS to calibrate it.
stateofidleness
ive got somethin planned in this department wink.gif
going to outfit my car with a nice carputer during reassembly and one of the things i will try to incorporate is digital readouts for guages as opposed to the
traditional round guage type

will update when i start..

for the gps part, i use a usb receiver and this gets fed to a special app on my computer.. this data will be output to a special screen (of which will be part of a screened gauge pod if you will)
Crazyhippy
I have installed them in Boats, and offroad cars (wheelspin makes Speedos not happy).

Nordskog makes that one, and they make some damn nice stuff.

Rex Marine is where i bought mine. Linky Linky

BJH
Gint
Direct link http://www.9xauto.com/gpsspeedo.htm

Interesting. I'd probably buy a handheld GPS and use it to calibrate my speedo ar at least know how far off it is and then have a dual purpose unit.
Joe Bob
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the IPhone that has GPS, hi rez camera, IPOD and other stuff....oh yeah and a phone.....just one thing to carry.

That VDO speedo is nice, dead nutz on accuracy....with a retro look. I got them at egauges.com, REALLY discounted. The Speedo was only $115 as opposed to $200+ elsewhere, all four small gauges were under $150 total.

LOTs better than getting old ones redone at North Hollywood Speedometer for twice, three times the amount.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.