Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Hella 500 install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rav914
I thought I'd share my recent installation of a set of Hella 500's. I used a set of brackets from Rennenmetal (sp?). They were the GT (outboard) set. Since my car came without factory fogs, I installed them to the inboard. Great product, delivered within two days and they work great. I highly recommend them.

I followed the instructions that came with the Hella lights. Big mistake. I ended up frying a wire and wasting hours of time. Of course the car came with the wiring already installed including the relay. I was just being stubborn. I've since found a OEM switch and am awaiting it's delivery to complete the project.

Since I found only one other thread in my search, I thought I'd share these pics in case someone else was thinking of doing the same. Cheers,

Nate
Eric_Shea
Looks like a clean install... now you have to change the avatar! biggrin.gif
KaptKaos
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Very nice.

geniusanthony
do they look cooked to you....

Just kidding man, been thinking about the same giant fogs behind the bumper...maybe some chicken wire grills or....
jim_hoyland
Very nice ! smile.gif

What does the voltmeter read when you turn those on ? With and without running lights ?
Joe Bob
Got pics of the mounts?
VaccaRabite
What Z Said. Lets see some pics of the brackets.

Zach
Rav914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 12 2008, 04:05 PM) *

Very nice ! smile.gif

What does the voltmeter read when you turn those on ? With and without running lights ?

Not sure. Still waiting on the switch. And a reply from the guy I bought it from. sad.gif

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 12 2008, 08:40 PM) *

What Z Said. Lets see some pics of the brackets.

Zach

Sure.
Rav914
Great quality bracket. Goes between the car and the dogbone. The part you see here, obviously, fits between the valence and the bumper. It's a little hard to see with everything being black.

Here are their light brackets: http://www.rennenmetal.com/products.asp?cat=10

Like I said earlier these are intended to place your lights to the outside of the fog grills so you can have both. I just swapped sides since I don't have fogs.
rhodyguy
goovy. don't cook the covers. nate, let me know if your switch deal falls thru.

k
Joe Bob
Did you make the bracket or is it "store bought"?
Rav914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 13 2008, 08:45 AM) *

k

Thanks Kevin, I will.

My motivation:
Alapone
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Apr 13 2008, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 13 2008, 08:45 AM) *

k

Thanks Kevin, I will.

My motivation:

Hello all, I just purchased some hella 500 driving lights and would like to mount them as described in this thread. Rennnenmetal seems to be out of business. Does anyone have a source for the gt mounts or dimensions on the mounts so I could try to fabricate some? Thanks

Andrew
sixnotfour
[url=]http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-10825-1298513772.gif[/url]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.