Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lube for points to dizzy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
As the title says, I'm replacing my points and want to know what lube I should use between the points and the dizzy shaft? Something I don't have to order is preferable.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Cevan @ Apr 12 2008, 10:34 AM) *

As the title says, I'm replacing my points and want to know what lube I should use between the points and the dizzy shaft? Something I don't have to order is preferable.

Bosch makes a grease just for this purpose. 45ml yellow tube will last you a couple of lifetimes. Maybe more now that points cars are getting to be few and far between... My tube just says 'BOSCH' and 'made in Germany' - it doesn't even say grease. part number 5.700.002.005 if it helps you.

Any VW store should have it.

lacking that, a good sticky grease would be OK - e.g. wheel bearing grease. you don't need much - maybe as much as will stick to a pencil point. a waterproof trailer bearing grease might be a good substitute, but every Porsche mechanic 'needs' a tube of Bosch grease... it's an initiation rite into the inner circle...
drgchapman
Pertronics Hall effect sensor.
Don't need no stinkin' grease
Don't need no stinkin' replacemant.
Gint
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 12 2008, 09:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Cevan @ Apr 12 2008, 10:34 AM) *

Bosch makes a grease just for this purpose. 45ml yellow tube will last you a couple of lifetimes. Maybe more now that points cars are getting to be few and far between... My tube just says 'BOSCH' and 'made in Germany' - it doesn't even say grease. part number 5.700.002.005 if it helps you.

Any VW store should have it.

lacking that, a good sticky grease would be OK - e.g. wheel bearing grease. you don't need much - maybe as much as will stick to a pencil point. a waterproof trailer bearing grease might be a good substitute, but every Porsche mechanic 'needs' a tube of Bosch grease... it's an initiation rite into the inner circle...

agree.gif

Second to the last item on this page. Picture and everything.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._pg3.htm#item19
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.