Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Mount Bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slim72914
I am converting from the stock clutch cable to a Morse cable and need room to make a mount near the engine mount bar. After looking in the Auto Atlanta book I am wondering if the mount bar they show for 73-76 with the big hole through it would fit in my 72 car that currently has the other style engine mount bar. anyone know??

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
the side shift rear rod passes thru the large hole and the clutch cable passes thru the smaller one. i don't think your tail shift setup will work. what is a morse and how does it differ from the stock one?
Wilhelm
Not sure, but I have some of each type of mount bar if you need one.

914Sixer
You have to use the correct bar for the transmission you have.
slim72914
A morse cable is the type of cable thy use in marine applications for the throttle cable. It is jacketed and has threads on each end of the jacket to mount it. Put an L bracket inside the tunnel and make a bracket on the engine brace and then a secondary cable around the pulley to the clutch. Hopefully it works or this is alot of wasted time.... They are also called push pull cables.
www.mcmaster.com part # 1407K73 5' cable with threaded ends.

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 12 2008, 09:28 AM) *

the side shift rear rod passes thru the large hole and the clutch cable passes thru the smaller one. i don't think your tail shift setup will work. what is a morse and how does it differ from the stock one?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.