Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: will these fit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kojo2001
will these work what do you guys think??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...923717&rd=1

Thanks drunk.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Probably not. The Cap'n
kojo2001
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 12 2008, 10:35 AM) *

Probably not. The Cap'n

Thanks
did you see the basic dimensions at the bottom of auction. what portion do you think I will have trouble with?

Thanks smile.gif
blitZ
For that price you can get some GTS seats, which will definitely fit.

GTS Seats
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(blitZ @ Apr 12 2008, 11:04 AM) *

GTS Seats

Aren't the GTS seats priced each, while the generic Japanese seats are priced for a pair?
kojo2001
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Apr 12 2008, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(blitZ @ Apr 12 2008, 11:04 AM) *

GTS Seats

Aren't the GTS seats priced each, while the generic Japanese seats are priced for a pair?

these are per pair How can I tell if these will fit?
Gint
Got a tape measure?
kojo2001
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 12 2008, 01:27 PM) *

Got a tape measure?

Yah I do but car is in the shop! Thats why I asked for help. But thanks for the helpful responce dry.gif
Dave_Darling
If you're short enough that your seat doesn't go all the way into the backpad, they may work. If you have about 6" of headroom with the stock 914 seats, then these will probably work. Otherwise, no.

The back is too wide to fit into the recess in the backpad. And the distance from the bottom of the seat to the top part of the seating surface is much thicker than the 914 seat.

So, as the Cap'n says, "Probably not."

--DD
rascobo
The Width(at the floor) is fine, the easiest way to get around the molded back wall cushion, is to remove it and install cushioned vinyl or carpet, and the height of the seat bottom(fixed mount,without rails) may be a bit tight unless you got a dancers ass. So aside from stock or a few specific aftermarket 914 seats You need a very thin seat bottom 17"-19" in width (more than 17" may require some alterations to the ebrake cable routing, which I did to fit a pair of 2004 Vette seats). Fixed position mounting is also ok, as long as only you or someone of similar size will be regularly driving. and additional mounting holes. can be...IOWs ...
[i][i]
the seat bones connected to the...
monkeydance.gif
Gint
QUOTE(kojo2001 @ Apr 12 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Got a tape measure?
Yah I do but car is in the shop! Thats why I asked for help. But thanks for the helpful responce dry.gif

While I'll admit to being a smartass, I don't know how I could have been more helpful short of measuring myself. And I have no idea if your 914 is in the shop or not. The fact is, the best way to know if they will fit is to measure. The ebay ad even includes a fairly complete set of seat measurements. You're in California right? I hear there's a 914 on every block there. wink.gif

This may not go over well either but you asked for opinions and apparently my first effort wasn't good enough, so I'll try it again.

You get what you pay for. Decent seats generally go for $500+ each and these are $300 each. I know the GTS seats are quality units. These... confused24.gif I wouldn't buy 'em sight unseen, but that's just me. The fact is I wouldn't pay good money for any seat that I couldn't see, touch and put my fat ass in before hand. Even the last set of seats that I did get the oppotunity to try first turned out to be not so great. And guess what? They were a little on the cheap side price wise.

Unless you're really short you're probably not going to not like fit of those seats in a 914 unless you're willing to remove the backpad, which is certainly possible. As stated, they won't fit in the back pad seat recesses. They'll probably sit too high also, but without the height of the sliders that's an unknown. You could ask the seller for that measurement.

kojo2001
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 13 2008, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(kojo2001 @ Apr 12 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Got a tape measure?

While I'll admit to being a smartass, I don't know how I could have been more helpful short of measuring myself. And I have no idea if your 914 is in the shop or not. The fact is, the best way to know if they will fit is to measure. The ebay ad even includes a fairly complete set of seat measurements. You're in California right? I hear there's a 914 on every block there. wink.gif

This may not go over well either but you asked for opinions and apparently my first effort wasn't good enough, so I'll try it again.

You get what you pay for. Decent seats generally go for $500+ each and these are $300 each. I know the GTS seats are quality units. These... confused24.gif I wouldn't buy 'em sight unseen, but that's just me. The fact is I wouldn't pay good money for any seat that I couldn't see, touch and put my fat ass in before hand. Even the last set of seats that I did get the oppotunity to try first turned out to be not so great. And guess what? They were a little on the cheap side price wise.

Unless you're really short you're probably not going to not like fit of those seats in a 914 unless you're willing to remove the backpad, which is certainly possible. As stated, they won't fit in the back pad seat recesses. They'll probably sit too high also, but without the height of the sliders that's an unknown. You could ask the seller for that measurement.

Thanks, I do appreciate your response. smile.gif I value this forum so much for all the info it has provided me during my twisted road of trying to get my $600 73' back to shape that it should be. This has been a learning expercience due to limited mechanical ability but alot of passion for the car. I'm sure I speak for more than myself that without this forum, it could not have happened. aktion035.gif
PeeGreen 914
I jsut put the Sparco Evo2 in my car and will say that I doubt that seat will go in easily.You will need to remove the ebrake handle or modify as I did. I would say you could make it work with a very strong could. Not too sure if you really want to though with as much work as it will be.
So.Cal.914
If the wheel needs to be re-invented, I would trust the talent here to get it done.

There are plenty of guys here that can tell you what seats 'DO' fit. You have from

short to tall, thin to fat drivers here.
sww914
Reclining seats in a 914 are a waste of money and a waste of space. There's nowhere to recline them to, and the reclining mechanism makes the seat bottom wider and the seat back thicker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.