Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome Fuch's, Gold BBS or chrome 993
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
So here is my dilema. I am going 5-lug on my v-8 conversion. Currently it has 4-lug gold Empi's with a polished lip. Looks very nice with the orange paint I think. I had bought a set of 15x7 Chrome Fuch's a while back. After seeing how good these Empi's looked I saw some BBS wheels on here for sale. They are gold with Polished lips. I set them next to my car & can't decide which looks better. What do you think? confused24.gif
JRust
Sorry pics to big. Here is the Gold BBS wheel next to my car
dw914er
i like the style of the fuchs better

though, i think the gasburners are the best lol
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 12 2008, 06:31 PM) *

Sorry pics to big. Here is the Gold BBS wheel next to my car

SWEET!

I like the chrome Fuchs, but then if you want to be different go with the BBS wheels, they are unique on a 914 and look real sharp.

You could always run the chrome Fuchs on one side and the BBS on the other...OK, I'm tired...worked on my project too long in the CA sun today.
JRust
Leaning towards the Fuchs but man it's a tough call. I'll wait till I can bolt both up & really see. Setting it beside just gives a rouch guess. So I will wait till I can do that to make the final decision. Need to find at least one chrome fuch & probably 2. The set I bought was only 3 as the guy had nailed a curb. 4th was bent beyond repair. If I go Fuch's I need to find at least the one. Anyone have a 15x7 chrome 5-lug fuch laying around confused24.gif
boxstr
Something like this might look really pimped.
swl
My taste says the BBS. Everyone and their dog has fuchs smile.gif Your car has painted bumpers and gold letters. I think the chrome is going to be screaming at you.

What will become of the empis? Always liked those wheels.
rhodyguy
go with the best backspacing/offset jamie. the bbs wheels would be very cool in silver. gold anodised wheels just don't do it for me.

k
Joe Bob
Keep em both, color match the gold centers with red like the body. Change out the wheels every so often....when parking the car and turning back to admire it...who doesn't....you get a newer view.
rfuerst911sc
I vote you keep both. That way you can switch back and forth. Or one set can be street rubber the other autocross/stickier rubber. The Fuchs are great wheels,strong and lightweight. I'm not a fan of the chrome but to each their own.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(swl @ Apr 13 2008, 07:17 AM) *

My taste says the BBS. Everyone and their dog has fuchs smile.gif Your car has painted bumpers and gold letters. I think the chrome is going to be screaming at you.

agree.gif I like Fuchs a lot but if they are chromed they should be heavier than polished and therefore not optimal for track tires. Keep them both and use the BBSs for track stuff. If you only keep one I like the BBSs one your car. The gold goes well with the rest of the stuff you have on there.
jd74914
Go with the BBS. The gold anodizing they have now complements your car really well IMHO. smile.gif I think the chrome Fuchs are way too "loud."
TravisNeff
BBS biggrin.gif
i love porsche
the BBS look great, im not a fan of the chromed fuchs
Spoke
Polished Fuchs with black background.

Dr. Roger
QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 14 2008, 12:17 PM) *

Polished Fuchs with black background.

Like HG TV says', contrasting colors make a house "Pop".

Fucks with a black background would tie in the black on your engine cover and other places.

Gold anodized? "..... can't please everyone, so ya' got to please yourself".
JRust
I'm still not sure. Kinda leaning more towards the BBS's at the moment. The chrome fuchs are a little loud. I do really like the gold with my ORANGE car. Looks a little red in the pics I guess.

I am putting my front suspension in tonight or tommorow night. I will put the wheels on each side & take some more pics then. Thanks for all the input
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 14 2008, 01:47 PM) *

I'm still not sure. Kinda leaning more towards the BBS's at the moment. The chrome fuchs are a little loud. I do really like the gold with my ORANGE car. Looks a little red in the pics I guess.

I am putting my front suspension in tonight or tommorow night. I will put the wheels on each side & take some more pics then. Thanks for all the input

OK...this is how you decide. Bring both sets to the rustmeet and put a for sale sign on both sets. First set to sell, makes your decision. Both sets look great, and this way you even get a little cash...OK, a lot of cash.

Option #2. Really think about it...then sell one set to a friend. Wait a week, and if you don't start feeling a sick ping in your stomach, you have made the right decison. If you do...too bad...their only wheels. happy11.gif There like underwear...meant to be changed.
burton73
Jamie,

The painting of the background cools them down a lot. I am a big fan of chrome as it never needs buffing if the work is done right. Al Reed did my wheels and they are great. You can paint them the color of your car if you like. His wife painted my center caps. It is a nice touch.

If you can get the bread keep two sets. As you only have 2 good ones, you may just get 2 more 6 -15” I do have 2 x 6 -16” chrome with tires that need to be re-chromed. I bought then to get a set of 8- 16’ for my 9” to go with.

When I moved my car from next door I put the Fuchs on for rollers and found that the studs are long on my 914-6 so the BBS wheels fit it with regular Porsche nuts. You may need longer studs to fit the BBS wheels on your car. When I put the Fuchs on the studs, they where too long and I had to put spacers on because the closed caps hit. I had some open nuts and was able to move it but you must CK it out on your car to be sure of the length.

Regards,

Bob
shaggy
on a narrow body car in that color i would definatly do the fuchs and not the bbs.

-jim
JRust
Well my typical week. Still haven't gotten to start the install on my suspension. I did get some misc seals, gaskets & bushings I needed. I am also doing a side shift conversion at the same time. So I have my saturday set aside at this point to work on it. I've been getting screwed lately everytime I plan to work on my car confused24.gif . So I may just go postal if I don't get to spend the day on my car mad.gif
JRust
I'm sick happy11.gif . just bought another set of wheels. I'm leaning towards these but will need to do some fender work for the rears to fit I think? These are 993 wheels & are 16x7 fronts. Rears are 16x8's . They are chrome which might not be my first choice but just couldn't pass them up. $520 shipped aktion035.gif
KELTY360
Those look sweet.
Grngoat
Got those off of the bird board? I thought about buying them as a spare set. I have the exact same wheels on my 914, but polished. The 8's fit with 215-55s with just a little pulling of the fender. 205-55s fit no problem. Don't remember what size spacer I have. I can check if you want.
PeeGreen 914
I still think the gold would look best on your car.
jd74914
agree.gif Me too.
JRust
QUOTE(Grngoat @ May 1 2008, 09:55 PM) *

Got those off of the bird board? I thought about buying them as a spare set. I have the exact same wheels on my 914, but polished. The 8's fit with 215-55s with just a little pulling of the fender. 205-55s fit no problem. Don't remember what size spacer I have. I can check if you want.

Yes of the bird board. Do you have a pic of your car with them on? Did you need a specer in the front & the rear? If you could check on the size of your spacers that would be a big help. It would be great if I could fit 215's without much work there.

I think the gold would look good too. Really has been tough to decide on. I like the BBS wheels but I don't love them. I've got a friend who would really like them for his car. So I am just going to let him buy them for what I paid. Then go with these! I'll definately stick with these bs.gif At least until I find another killer deal I can't pass on confused24.gif
Grngoat
Here's one that shows them pretty well.
Click to view attachment

I'll have to go take some measurements in the garage. Let me get back to you, but yeah, it takes spacers front and rear.
Grngoat
I was able to measure without pulling the wheels off. 1" spacers on the front. 1 1/4" spacers in back. I do have 911 rotors up front so I don't know how that affects things. Of course, if you're 5-lug, you probably have a similar setup. Rear brakes and suspension are stock.
JRust
Excellent! Thnaks for measuring for me. Did you have to buy longer studs? I would imagine so but just want to make sure. Thanks
markb
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 1 2008, 09:25 PM) *

I still think the gold would look best on your car.

agree.gif
JRust
Found these spacers on evilbay. Anyone using these? Just wondering if they are okay quality wise idea.gif . Pretty cheap price http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-LUG-to-5-...p3756.m20.l1116
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.