Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrities who own or have owned 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
I am trying to locate a link for a site that listed the names of celebrities who have owned or own a Porsche 914.
CCL
sean_v8_914
Jerry has a factory GT car, signal orange
Joe Bob
I remember something associated with Leif Garrett and his buddy that took a header. He ended up getting paralyzed and in a wheelchair. Leif was a drunk and wears red bandanas to cover up a chrome dome....

They did a "where are they now" episode.....Leif hadn't seen the guy in years. There was a website that had a list of celebs that owned 914s.....hmmmm, who has the archives on the 914 Renegade site????
1970 Neun vierzehn
I did a search "Celebrity 914s" and "914 celebrities" and turned up a couple of decent threads, but I'm such a dummy that I can't figure out how to post the linky. sad.gif blush.gif

Paul
Joe Bob
Left click and hold, block/highlight the URL, right click, cut/copy it, right click again and paste it in the reply box.
ArtechnikA
Tura Satana.
Faster, Pussycat. Kill! Kill!
dflesburg
The main character in the book,

"The Gift - a runners story" drove a 914.
familienauto
Carl Sagan had one.
ArtechnikA
Tracey Marrow
Ice-T
Wannabe 914-6 owner
I do remember seeing a Silver 914 for sale on E-bay about a year ago in Hawaii once owned by George Harrison. Seemed like it had centerline rims
Joe Bob
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 13 2008, 10:05 AM) *

Tracey Marrow
Ice-T

His wife is a little "top heavy"....

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3406011136/nm1146910
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Joe Mama @ Apr 13 2008, 03:21 PM) *

Tracey Marrow
Ice-T

check out the other photos - it's not the only place she's big...
1970 Neun vierzehn
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=914+provenance

Hope I did it correctly.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Another link (I hope)
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=23113&hl=
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Joe Mama @ Apr 13 2008, 06:35 AM) *

Left click and hold, block/highlight the URL, right click, cut/copy it, right click again and paste it in the reply box.

Thanx pray.gif (I'll try to remember that for next time)

Paul
Joe Bob
Now for ADVANCED TRAINING.....take that same URL and then click on the Globe icon just above the wite space where you type in a reply.....if your security setting is high you may have to click on the area above your screen name, allowing for temporarily allowing scripted messages....

Then paste the URL, hit OK, then give it name.....like below.....

URL TEST
sww914
QUOTE(Joe Mama @ Apr 13 2008, 12:21 PM) *

Tracey Marrow
Ice-T

Her sister, Laurie Taylor runs the POC office. She knows IceT pretty well. I'll ask her at Willow Springs in 2 weeks if he has a 914.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 13 2008, 08:22 PM) *

...I'll ask her at Willow Springs in 2 weeks if he has a 914.

Might be a sore subject. evidently he was broadsided in one and it was a 'life changing' experience. He 'HAD' a 914...
Joe Bob
He lived....what's the problem?
sww914
Thanks, I'll leave it alone.
Joe Bob
Why?
Sleepin
Michael Madsen's 914 was for sale on ebay a couple weeks ago.
Joe Bob
Hey...I'm famous....I gots 2 pages on Google..... bootyshake.gif

Three, if you factor in my felony convictions.....

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...;q=Michael+Zois
boxstr
The celeb I am looking for is Sally Struthers. I am sure I saw a pic of her with a 914???
Craig
burton73
Johnny Graham Guitarist for Earth Wind and Fire had a 914-8 and sold it to me and had a another one in his garage with factory GT flares and a 916 Trans. He had a build Dry sump 350 ready to go in. This was back in 1979. The one he sold to me had a 916 body with glass flairs with a 283Chev 8s and 11s. He had gold records all over his house and amp cases in the garages with the cars.

Bob
horizontally-opposed
The only ones that matter to me are "Porsche celebrities"

Here's what I know, but I am sure many more have owned them:

-Ferry Porsche (914/8)
-Ferdinand Piech (914/8)
-Various Piechs, incl. Louise (916s)
-Various Porsches (916s)
-Tilman Brodbeck (current head of Exclusive, first Porsche was a 914 and he headed up the chassis team)
-Peter Gregg (916...and?)
-George Follmer
-Bob Snodgrass (chose to make a 914 his personal race car despite all the good stuff in the Brumos museum)
-Several other dealers and many racers
-Miles Collier
-Jerry Seinfeld
-Bruce Anderson (914-6s)

I'm sure there are many more that I am forgetting or don't know about.

Of the non-Porsche celebrities, I can only think of two who have not been mentioned here, and I would not have known all the ones mentioned here!

1. Bob Kirby (of financial fame) had a 914-6 race car
2. A guitarist or bass player for Huey Lewis and the News owned a 1973 914 -- mine. I don't know if it was Chris Hayes, Mario Cipollina, or Johnny Colla, and I haven't seen the paperwork trail in a long time (though I *think* it still exists at my brother's or my father's house), but I clearly remember we bought the car in Rodeo, CA in 1986, were told the story, and it was confirmed by the paperwork.

I kind of have a "who cares?" attitude about it (and have thus never researched it), but maybe y'all will find it interesting.

pete
race914

Tony Dow (Wally Cleaver) had a 914. Saw it for sale with this info (maybe Ebay?)
justmark
michael madsen, and lets not forget Leig Garret
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(justmark @ Apr 14 2008, 09:20 PM) *

michael madsen, and lets not forget Leif Garret

new to the thread, are we?
OK - first post - welcome.

still - you might want to at least glance at the posts already in the thread before repeating them...

(sorry - curmudgeon mode...)
Michael N
Celebrity in some circles. Ted was the original owner of my 914-6. I emailed him several years ago to find out the history of my car and he called me at my home to talk about the car. Super nice guy.

Ted Tidwell

I love that 904 GTS!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.